Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The Unit for Institutional Coordination (UIC) of the Budget, Personnel, and Management Systems Department (BPMSD) is responsible in (i) reviewing staffing, identifying skills requirements and allocation of positions to organizational units; (ii) leading the annual workforce analysis and preparation of departmental strategic staffing plan; (iii) reviewing organizational structure and the organizational arrangements; and (iv) assessing administrative support systems, procedures, and practices to further improve work efficiency and effectiveness.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior / Principal Institutional Coordination Specialist will lead / oversee management support services and coordination functions involving medium-term planning for work program, workforce analysis, realignment and coordination, and business process streamlining. Specifically, the position will lead the conduct of the workforce analysis and provide inputs and guidance to departments in formulating strategic staffing plans. The position will also provide inputs relating to institutional assessments to the Work Program and Budget Framework (WPBF) and the Budget Document preparation. The incumbent will report to Advisor, BPMSD and Head, UIC and may supervise National and Administrative Staff.
• Lead the annual workforce analysis exercise and provides necessary inputs relating to institutional assessments to the WPBF preparation and formulation of budget. Review and compile BPMSD’s inputs to the WPBF and budget as well as ad hoc reports, as required. Coordinate and provide support in the implementation of the workforce analysis recommendations.
• Based on workforce analysis findings, provide inputs in assessing staffing requirements based on scaled-up operations. Provide advice and guidance to departments, and inputs to formulating the strategic staffing plan. Monitor implementation and discuss deviations on the plan.
• Lead discussions with departments on efficiency measures and staff optimization. Review and monitor position conversion and ensure optimal use of staffing budget allocation. Coordinate with BPBM, when necessary.
• Provide analysis and coordinate inputs on institutional assessments in relation to business processes, service standards, and performance measures for operations support departments and prepares necessary assessment reports, briefs, and updates. Review and comment on Bank-wide reports and documents, provide and coordinate department’s comments, as required. Review and coordinate unit’s inputs on workplans and related status reports for submission to Vice President Administration and Corporate Management (VPAC).
• Evaluate position and consultant requests and recommend appropriate action to the Department/Office concerned or with HR business partners. Lead the review of organizational realignment and provide inputs on coordination and related matters.
• Streamline business processes and procedures, through greater use of technology solution, with a view to improve efficiency in service delivery to operations. Participate in BPMSD working groups and provide inputs from a position management perspective.
• Identify learning opportunities and programs for staff under supervision. Lead and contribute to continuous improvement efforts implementing best practices. Act as a mentor to more junior team members, providing technical guidance on projects and processing and implementation of loans/technical assistance.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Operations Management or related fields. University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Operations Management or related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
• Minimum of 12 years of relevant professional experience with international experience working in development in several countries.
• Experience in operational departments of multilateral development organizations preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for International Staff Levels 5 / 6
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of three years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate