- Assists Area Manager in NRC humanitarian access strategy for southern Afghanistan, in line with NRC Afghanistan’s overall approach of direct implementation without resort
- Member of the Area Management Team
- Supervision of security teams in the South
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, CC tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Prepare weekly security reports and other documents
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Humanitarian Negotiations and Community Outreach
- Represent NRC as a humanitarian organization in community outreach meetings and in access negotiation meetings with government and non-government stakeholders
- Strategically network with interlocutors, in a fully principled and transparent manner.
- Coordination of humanitarian negotiations, messaging and community outreach plans with NRC area and field offices
- Capacity Building for NRC Access
- Work with NRC field program teams to build the capacity of NRC staff to negotiate access, including training and sensitization of staff to principled humanitarian access negotiations.
- To lead program teams in community engagement through regular SRAs required by each department. Core competency specialists or area manager may direct activities related to security and humanitarian access training.
- Significant experience in humanitarian operations
- Experience of community engagement and negotiating access.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability in English
- A passion for humanitarian work
- Ability to work under stress and in high-risk contexts
- Ability to travel regularly to the field independently is essential.
- Flexibility to work outside standard working hours.
- University Degree in management, politics or a relevant topic
- 5+ years of experience in humanitarian field operations, government relations or community liaison for humanitarian organization.
- Knowledge of principled humanitarian programming
- Fluency in either Dari or Pashto, both a plus
- Advocacy or community engagement or mobilisation experience preferred
- Experience of working in a security advisory or coordinator position.
- Education title: University Degree in management, politics or a relevant topic
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected