The purpose of Promoting Healthy Behavior (PHB) is to improve health behaviors among Cambodians and ensure that Cambodians seek and receive quality health care with decreased financial hardship through more sustainable systems. Population Services International (PSI) is the prime partner of PHB that leads the overall implementation of the award. 17 Triggers, a global private sector behavior change lab founded in Cambodia, is the sub-partner that contributes their expertise on using marketing, human-centered design (HCD), research, and design thinking to develop innovative and effective Social Behavior Change (SBC) strategies.
These two activities started in Summer 2018 and are scheduled to end in June (PHB) and August (EQHA) of 2023.
The National Evaluation Advisor will support the Evaluation Team Leader in designing, planning and implementing the evaluation, including qualitative data collection and analysis. In addition, s/he will ensure contextual relevance of the design and implementation of the evaluation. This is a part-time consulting position that will require approximately 55 days of work between January and April 2021.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Cambodian citizenship will be considered**
- Support the development of workplan, including work schedule, methods, and data sources.
- Conduct a desk review and contribute to the development of a desk review report, as directed by the Team Lead, specifically providing support in finding and reviewing relevant documents.
- Support preparation of a data collection plan, with informant lists, data collection instruments, and detailed data collection schedule.
- Administer key informant interviews (KIIs) and focus group discussions (FGDs) with identified stakeholders in Cambodia, ensuring all data collection events are carefully documented through detailed notes.
- Support data analysis and drafting of an initial findings presentation and draft/final report, as instructed by the Team Lead.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology, Social Studies, or another related field.
- At least five years of experience in M&E procedures and implementation of complex, relevant projects.
- Experience assessing, monitoring and/or evaluating health programs, including strong contextual knowledge of social behavior change (SBC) programming in Cambodia. USAID program experience preferred.
- At least five years of experience managing M&E activities, including design and implementation of evaluations and/or assessments.
- Strong knowledge, skills, and experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis tools and software.
- Experience conducting and coordinating with others to implement surveys, key informant interviews, focus groups, observations, and other evaluation and assessment methods that ensure reliability and validity of the data.
- Experience in data management and qualitative data analysis.
- Demonstrated experience using qualitative evaluation methodologies.
- Experience triangulating quantitative data and conducting secondary analysis of existing quantitative datasets.
- Able to review, interpret and reanalyze as needed existing data pertinent to the evaluation.
- Strong data interpretation and presentation skills.
- Proficient in written and spoken English, including experience writing evaluation and/or assessment reports.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.