SNV is a Not-for-Profit International Development Organisation with long-term, local presence in over 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team of advisors works with local partners to equip communities and businesses with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works across three sectors: Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. Several international donors fund our programmes. SNV has a +100 million euro annual turnover and is aiming for further growth.
SNV Zambia works together with local partners to provide technical expertise in three sectors: WASH, Renewable Energy and Agriculture, thereby contributing to finding local solutions to global challenges and sowing the seeds of lasting change. In WASH, SNV Zambia is implementing the SSH4A Results programme which has 4 key complementary components:
- Sanitation demand creation
- Sanitation supply chains and Finance
- WASH Governance
- Behaviour change and communication
Effective Date: 1st January, 2019
Reports to: Project Manager – DFID (SSH4A)
The Sanitation Supply Chain Advisor will operate under the direction of the Project Manager and work with other Advisors to implement the SSH4A Results programme. The Sanitation Supply Chain Advisor will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing appropriate market-based approaches and supply-side activities to improve access for rural householders to affordable sanitation hardware and services (including sanitation marketing, supply chain development, inclusive business). The Sanitation Supply Chain Adviser will help identify local enterprises and organisations to carry out elements that have been designed.
The Sanitation Supply Chain Advisor leads efforts in local enterprise development, quality improvement, and innovative outreach mechanisms related to local markets, paying particular focus to vulnerable groups, such as the elderly and people with disabilities, with the objective of strengthening capacity for steering and implementation of sanitation demand creation
- Undertake sanitation hardware value chain analysis, including availability and price of available products;
- Lead consumer demand study with particular focus on vulnerable groups;
- Train and develop skills of local partners to support their expansion in the market;
- Design and test supply chain interventions with local partners;
- Develop and produce technical guidance handbooks to support informed choice;
- Lead development of a strategy the enables and facilitates toilet upgrading;
- Support business development for micro enterprises (training and technical assistance);
- Develop guidance and supporting materials for scale up of local programs;
- Identify governance related barriers and opportunities for sanitation business development;
- Design pro-poor support mechanisms for sanitation.
The Sanitation Supply Chain Advisor will work closely with the wider team responsible for the Sanitation demand creation and follow-up component to ensure there is adequate supply in the local market to support sanitation demand creation activities
- Advanced degree in related field;
- At least 5 years of experience working for international organizations in a Sanitation Supply Chain Advisory capacity;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the WASH sector, particularly appropriate technologies related to sanitation and sanitation marketing approaches;
- Capacity to conduct supply chain analyses related to sanitation technology in the developing world;
- Background in business development of micro-enterprises and/or rural micro-finance;
- Knowledge and skills in project planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E);
- Experience working with local communities and government agencies at national, provincial, and local levels;
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated achiever with demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to deliver quality products that meet deadlines and an experienced relationship builder with proven ability to work with a wide range of actors from different backgrounds (including ministries, local authorities, state-owned companies, private sector companies, government and other NGOs).
If your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invited you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation, NOT later than 10th December, 2018.