Do you want to use your payroll skills and capacity to join our Global Finance team in Oslo?
We are currently looking for an eager and dedicated Salary Adviser to join our ranks in a truly international – and meaningful – context.
The Salary Adviser is part of a team of finance specialists belonging to Head Office, and in close collaboration with the Global Finance team at Head Office, Oslo.
The Salary Adviser works closely with the Head of Salaries and the Salary Specialist Adviser to make sure the payrolls are handled correctly, efficiently and on time. The Head Office payrolls cover in 2019 approximately 250 staff in Head Office, approximately 550 staff on international contracts located in regional, country and representative offices, and approximately 300 EDN roster staff on short-term international deployments. Handling the payrolls in NRC is complex and at time quite challenging due to high staff turnover, a large number of different salary compensation packages and strict compliance requirements with tax and social security reporting in Norway, country of work and country of living.
Role and responsibilities
The Salary Adviser will conduct and ensure correct and timely processing of NRC Head Office’s payrolls for Head Office, expatriate and deployed staff.
- Manage the salary system to have the correct amounts, percentage and procedures in place at any given time
- At all times manage timely, correct and updated payrolls for Head Office, expatriate and deployed staff
- Contribute to that the payroll for each staff group and compensation package is accurately updated annually to reflect approved changes to base pay and allowances
- Contribute to that the payments are made to correct accounts/receivers and that all regulations regarding bank payments are upheld
- Contribute to that reports for various authorities and institutions (A-melding) are done in time and according to laws and regulations. At all times manage the related payments
- Contribute to correct reporting to SPK (Statens Pensjonskasse), AFP and International Pension, including following up on staff queries and ensuring accurate processing of NRC and employee payments.
- Initiate and contribute to develop improved procedures in existing payroll system
- Proactively train and coach other staff providing input to salary, tax, social tax contributions and other related issues making sure that NRC has at all times correct and efficient payrolls and full compliance to all related regulations.
- Contribute to improve NRC’s handling of vacation, unpaid leave, maternity and paternity leave, sick leaves etc by implementing and maintaining efficient systems.
- Professional knowledge and relevant qualifications (or equivalent through substantial experience and training), in salary work and accounting skills and experience of providing payroll services
- Advanced computing skills, including financial accounting and salary systems
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in Norwegian and English, both written and verbal
- Agresso knowledge (is an advantage or mandatory?)
- Knowledge and Experience from international remuneration packages, Norwegian and international tax regulations and pensions (statutory and commercially purchased schemes) is an advantage
- More accurate than most!
- Financial Analytical skills and mindset
- Service minded
- High working capacity
A permanent contract in an exciting, international environment with highly engaged employees!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions as per national terms.
Duty station: Oslo, Norway.
Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
Only applicants that submit their application and CV in Webcruiter and within deadline, will be considered.
Please note short deadline!
Relevant applicants will be contacted continuously, and interviews will be conducted by 28/6