Tetra Tech International Development Services is accepting applications from qualified candidates for a Business Development Specialist.
The Business Development Specialist (BDS) provides cross-cutting support for executing business and proposal development initiatives under the direction of the Business Development Director. The BDS is primarily responsible for tracking new business opportunities and coordinating the development of Tt DPK proposals. The BDS manages the overall development of proposals assigned including developing compliance documents; schedules, identifying and convening experts to draft proposals; conducting research to inform technical approaches; recruiting qualified local and international candidates; assisting writing, editing, and/or reviewing drafts of various sections of proposals; and preparing the cost volume. The BDS helps define needed institutional support for proposals and recruits local and international organizations as needed. The BDS carries out capture planning for identified opportunities and is an ongoing editor for Tt DPK documents. He/she provides support to draft and maintain Tt DPK marketing materials and supports project implementation activities as needed.
This position will be based in the Tetra Tech IDS San Francisco office.
* Identify and track business development opportunities.
* Develop capture plans for assigned opportunities.
* Research opportunities with new clients and new partners.
* Manage the proposal development process for assigned opportunities, including contributing to writing and editing.
* Travels to project host nation to collect necessary information for the technical approach, recruit candidates and conduct meetings with potential organizations as needed.
* Develop budgets and budget narratives for project proposals consistent with the technical approach.
* Lead and support recruitment efforts for proposals as needed, including the preparation of resumes, key qualifications and personnel sections for inclusion in proposals.
* Support start-up activities as needed from the Home Office or in the field.
* Perform analyses to ensure projects are operating in compliance with USG regulations and contractual requirements.
* Prepare and update operating budgets and develop burn rate projections.
* Assist in the development and writing of new marketing materials as needed.
* Draft and develop project 2-Pagers and maintain project descriptions up to date by working with our project implementation team.
* Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
* Demonstrated experience supporting business and proposal development initiatives of donor funded projects and activities.
* Three to five years relevant work experience. International experience preferred.
* Experience in coordinating and writing proposals.
* Knowledge of US Government proposal processes and contracting mechanisms, familiarity with USAID.
* Experience in developing budgets with spreadsheets
* Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Internet.
* Enthusiastic, results driven team player.
* Strong project management, analytical and time management skills; highly organized and detail-oriented.
* Outstanding communication skills verbally and in writing.
* Ability to travel overseas on a short notice and work long hours during proposal preparation as needed.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.