Position: Roving Logistics Coordinator
Duration: 6 Months – Subject to funding availability (Expected start date as soon as possible)
Locations: Longechok, Ulang, Nasser/Jikmir and Mawut in South Sudan
Direct Line Supervisor: Area Coordinators
Technical Supervisor: DCD – Operations
Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Under the direct line management of the Area Coordinators and technical supervision of the DCD Operations, the roving Logistics Coordinator is responsible for all logistics support activities required at the field levels and follows RI procedures to ensure timely implementation of those activities. This includes Planning, Procurement, Asset management, Warehouse & inventory management, Transport and Distribution. This specific role also requires highly motivated person with excellent working knowledge of supply chain & logistics aspects in resolving operational critical challenges as they arise in an emergency setup.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties
- As part of senior management team at field level the coordinator will assist the area coordinators in the definition and follow-up of logistics activities in the project,
- In conjunction with other project managers supports to identify and give a response to the needs of the targeted population as key member of the logistics & supply chain leadership team.
- Monitor on a day-to-day basis the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the projects at the assigned field sites (i.e. Procurement, Assets, Fleet, stocks, infrastructures, communications, etc.), ensuring compliance of RI standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the Area Manager on the development of the ongoing programs.
- Supervises procurements through ensuring planning in coordination with program colleagues & good planning for timely delivery.
- Ensures good warehousing & inventory management systems are implemented and storage facilities are up the standards as per RI warehousing guidelines.
- Ensure a well-functioning fleet system with sound fuel control mechanisms
- Participate in the planning together with the DCD operations and the Area coordinator at field level in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities.
- Participate actively in the definition and update of the Emergency Preparedness Plans, defining strategies and providing advice to the area coordinator in the translation of the identified logistical / technical needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for the mission
- As a technical referent at field level for all logistics/technical issues in the field ensures both logistics and programs staffs are well conversant with logistics procedures through coaching and trainings.
- Monitors technical aspects of the project risk reduction, in areas of procurement, stock management, assets, and fleet by ensuring all procedures are followed correctly and in timely manner.
- Collaborates with other field/coordination Log officers to ensure timely delivery of logistics support.
- Contributes to monthly reports according to guidelines in recognition of compliance to all RI/donor regulations & policies.
- Drives supply chain & logistics performance at assigned field sites to agreed levels.
- Ensure regular and scheduled rotational site visits on monthly basis for purposes of supporting quality delivery of activities assigned to this role.
Other (as needed or assigned)
- Represent RI in a positive and professional manner to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of RI’s mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to other actors
- Ensure the application of, and compliance with, security protocols and policies of you and your supervised staff.
- Work in collaboration with Logistics officer in Juba to ensure planning for goods receptions and in timely manner
- Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Responsible to ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with RI policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws.
- Responsible to ensure that all allegations of breaches of the Code of Conduct by staff reporting is made in accordance with incident reporting policy.
- Supervise the operations staff at field level by providing support and training, promote a friendly and professional working environment
- Ensure staff performance appraisals for staff under his/her supervision are reviewed regularly and conducted as per RI HR policies and procedures.
- Advocate and plan for professional development for yourself, and any supervised staff.
- Provide input to, and deliver, where applicable, training for national staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity, and ensure sustainability of programs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in Procurement/Supply Chain Management/Logistics or related field.
- At least 5 years of general logistics experience and at least 3 years of experience in logistics in humanitarian organizations.
- High computer literacy level with expected proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and Internet.
- Ability to work independently, take personal initiative, and multi-task including strong facilitation skills in an ever changing dynamic operational environment
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to coach others and work in a team environment with experience in conducting training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and ability to work effectively in an operational environment.
- The capability and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in sometimes difficult and challenging work situations.
- Commitment to and understanding of RI’s aims, values and principles.
Experience with recognized international NGO will be an added advantage
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
The closing date for applications is 17 December 2019.
Due to the urgency of this role, we will be reviewing CVs and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are asked to submit their application as soon as possible.