POPULATION SERVICES INTERNATIONAL (PSI)
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
FOR THE PROVISION OF PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES FOR SRH PRODUCTS IN FRANCOPHONE WEST AFRICA
Click here to review RFP in French
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) NO. : 2020/01/PROJECT4488
TO PROVIDE : Develop a promotion plan for SRH products and implement it throughout the
national territory in the selected countries
ISSUE DATE : October 9, 2020
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF
CLARIFICATION QUESTIONS BY PSI : October 16, 2020
LAST DATE FOR RESPONSES BY PSI : October 21, 2020
RFP CLOSING DATE AND PLACE : October 26, 2020
QUESTIONS MAY BE DELIVERED BY EMAIL TO : Beth Brogaard, email@example.com
Subject Line: Question RFP2020/01/ PROJECT4488
PROPOSALS MAY BE DELIVERED BY EMAIL TO : Beth Brogaard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Submission RFP2020/01/ PROJECT4488
PART I: BIDDING INSTRUCTIONS AND PROCEDURES
This Part I, Bidding Instructions and Procedures, will not form part of any resulting award or contract. It is intended solely for the information of prospective Suppliers.
3.0 Bidding Costs
Bidders are under no obligation to prepare or submit bids in response to this RFP and do so solely at their own risk and expense. PSI does not undertake to reimburse any costs incurred, therefore.
4.0 Review of RFP
Bidders are solely responsible for the careful examination of all of the terms and conditions of this RFP and to comply fully therewith. Failure to do so will be at the Bidder’s risk and expense.
All documents submitted in response to this RFP, as well as all correspondence in connection with the RFP, shall be in French or English language.
Inquiries concerning this RFP must be submitted in writing, to be received by the date shown on the Cover Page. Such inquiries shall be sent by email, directed to
Attention: Ms. Beth Brogaard; Regional Project Director
PSI is under no obligation to consider or respond to questions that are not received by that date.
7.0 Bid Preparation
Bidders should submit their responses to this RFP to include:
- Technical Proposal
- Financial Proposal
A Technical Proposal
Your proposal should provide basic information about your Company and relevant service offerings. It should have a section addressing each of the following areas:
(a) Company Profile
(c) Responsiveness to the Scope of Work
Responses should include the following information:
a. Company Profile
- Describe the Company on an overall basis, both nationally and internationally (if appropriate)
- Summarize the Company’s qualifications and experience of the activities described in the scope of work
- Provide a detailed track record of previous similar work undertaken
- Provide a description of the Company’s approach to pharmaceutical product promotion in Francophone West Africa
- Describe the Company’s experience dealing with product promotion
- Describe the Company’s capability to launch products, increase market share and monitor promotional activities across multiple countries
- Describe the organization structure to be utilized from oversight and management to in-country activities.
- Identify key personnel who will be available for consultation or discussion;
- Describe any current or past relationships your organization may have with PSI, and if it is a potential conflict of interest. If there is a potential conflict of interest, then please explain how this risk will be mitigated.
- Submit two (2) client references for similar work done in Francophone West Africa;
- Provide any other information to demonstrate the Company’s capability in relation to the Scope of Work
B Financial Proposal
Bidders are asked to present a budget which identifies as precisely as possible the amount of money needed to implement the activities by country in the SOW which is found in Part 2 of this document. The budgeting should be indicative for a single country and any anticipated variations for additional countries should be noted. Please include a budget narrative with the budget.
As part of the RFP process, PSI may be providing confidential information to bidders. Consequently, bidders must complete the attached Confidential/Non-disclosure Agreement (Part 4) to participate in this process. Signed Confidential/Non-Disclosure Agreements must be submitted with the proposal.
9.0 Bid Submission
All proposals must be in writing, in either in French or English language, and manually signed and dated by an authorized employee of the Bidder. They may be emailed as shown on the RFQ cover page.
Proposals may not be altered, corrected or withdrawn after the Date of Receipt, except that PSI, at its sole discretion, may permit correction of arithmetic errors, transposition errors, or other clerical or minor mistakes, in cases in which PSI deems that both the mistake and the intended proposal can be established conclusively on the face of the proposal. Other than the mistakes listed in the previous sentence, no mistakes alleged by a Bidder after the Date of Receipt will be permitted to be corrected.
Proposals must be valid for at least ninety (90) days from the Date of Receipt.
10.0 Bid Evaluation
In evaluating the proposals, PSI will seek the best value for money rather than the lowest priced proposal. PSI will use a two-stage selection procedure:
- the first stage will evaluate the Technical Proposal.
- the second stage will evaluate the Cost Proposal for proposals that pass the Technical Proposal evaluation.
Specifically, the selection committee will evaluate each proposal upon the following criteria:
a. Category 1: Technical brief (60 points):
- Promotion Plan
- Approach to data management and analysis
- Supervision plan, including supervisory structure
b. Category 2: Prior Experience of Agency and two (2) client references for similar work done in Francophone West Africa (20 points)
c. Category 3: Financial Proposal (20 points)
If at any time prior to award PSI deems there to be a need for a significant modification to the terms and conditions of this RFP, PSI will issue such a modification as a written RFP amendment to all competing bidders. No oral statement of any person shall in any manner be deemed to modify or otherwise affect any RFP term or condition, and no bidder shall rely on any such statement. Such amendments are the exclusive method for this purpose.
PSI is not bound to accept the lowest or any proposal and reserves the right to accept any proposal in whole or in part and to reject any or all proposals.
PSI shall not be legally bound by any award notice issued for this RFP until a contract is duly signed and executed with the winning Bidder.
PART 2: RFP SCOPE OF WORK
PSI is an American non-governmental organization with a presence in over 50 countries around the world. As part of its policy of distributing and promoting pharmaceutical products, PSI offers brands that allow young girls and women of childbearing age to have access to quality products at a lower cost for reducing maternal mortality. In Francophone West Africa, PSI is launching a range of sexual and reproductive health products and is looking for a solid partner to increase its presence on the market while ensuring the sustainability of its product offering.
PSI wants to select a pharmaceutical promotion agency that will ensure the identification and training of experienced promotion teams, provide good supervision of teams, segmentation of service providers, and efficient and effective product distribution, while establishing a good working relationship with local partners. PSI is looking for an agency that has the capacity to work in several countries in the region, including Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Togo.
- Develop a promotional plan and implement it throughout the national territory in the selected countries;
- Recruit teams of medical detailers, train them in sales techniques and products offered, provide the required sales aids/equipment in close collaboration with PSI;
- Ensure the supervision of teams and the coaching necessary for their good performance;
- Ensure proper introduction of brands to the medical profession;
- Ensure good geographic coverage of products;
- Collect the data necessary for proper market monitoring;
- Analyze and transmit monthly data such as sales, stocks and geographic coverage, and competition monitoring.
Agencies wishing to respond to this call for tender must send the following documents:
- Present the proposed strategy for the implementation of teams and promotion activities with Niger as a pilot country.
- Introduce the partners with whom you work;
- Present the results of similar work in the region, including countries in which you have worked in the region;
- Present the proposed operating costs;
- Propose an implementation schedule (from signing an agreement with PSI to making teams available and starting work in 1 country).
- Copy of the trade register
- Copy of tax certificates