Chemonics seeks a revenue administration specialist for the proposed El Salvador Domestic Resource Mobilization (DRM) project. The five-year, $30-33 million project will support public financial management reform efforts of the El Salvadoran government per USAID’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy Development Objective 2, by improving public financial management practices, increasing domestic resource mobilization, and generating additional revenue for the public sector. El Salvador DRM will 1) improve budget planning and preparation, 2) improve the budget execution through a timely implementation of the four core modules (budget, treasury, accounting, and procurement), 3) promote sustainability of the reforms, broaden the tax base and compliance, and support improvements in tax administration and enforcement, and 4) bolster transparency and public-private dialogue on fiscal policy. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide senior-level expertise in tax administration, information and communication technologies (ICT)-assisted revenue collection, taxpayer services or tax audit to drive the objectives of the El Salvador DRM program
- Work with revenue authorities or similar institutions that jointly undertake tax and customs operations
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field, such as economics, accounting, public administration, law, or other relevant field; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of international professional experience in a relevant field such as tax administration, ICT-assisted revenue collection
- Direct experience with tax reform in developing countries, including experience working with revenue authorities or similar institutions that jointly undertake tax and customs operations
- Proven interpersonal skills and experience in facilitating dialogue among mid- to high-level leaders
- Expertise in the modernization of the entire budget process including planning, execution, and monitoring and evaluation; one that is driven by results within a medium-term framework
- Outstanding management skills, resourcefulness, flexibility, creative problem-solving, and ethical management
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken Spanish and English (FSI levels 4-4) is required
Send electronic submissions of your CV and cover letter to ElSalvadorDRMJobs@chemonics.com by Friday, December 12, 2016. Please include “Revenue Administration Specialist” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.