PROJECT NAME: Repatriation and Reintegration of Somali Refugees
LOCATION: Lower Juba, Somalia
LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT: 3 months
START DATE: October 1, 2016
END DATE: December 31, 2016
ARC, in partnership with UNHCR, is responding to the needs of returnees in Lower Juba in creating sustainable employment for returnees from Dadaab through a market-driven employment creation program, provision of access to finance and skills development and planning to set up and operate a waystation in Afmadow. The overarching goal is to facilitate reintegration through sustainable livelihoods opportunities, job placement through matching skills with existing jobs, self-employment through the provision of financial services, and market-driven skills training.
Objective of the consultancy
The purpose of the consultancy is to draw a comprehensive reintegration program plan and a roadmap for the implementation and coordination of return and reintegration, recovery and durable solutions activities in southern and central Somalia. He/she will supervise/guide the set up of a waystation in Afmadow and ensure that the site is ready to receive returnees. He/she will develop SOPs and ensure the newly hired staff are well aware of them and oversee implement activities accordingly. The consultant will closely coordinate with the government counterparts, clarifying plans and implementation status as well as technical issues that may need to be addressed. Additionally, the consultant will work closely with the team to design reintegration livelihood activities in Kismayo, Afmadow and Ras Kamboni. Accordingly, frequent travel to Kismayo is expected.
- Coordinate all program activities with the National Commission for Refugees and IDPs.
- Attend interagency coordination meetings on returnee and repatriation.
- Liaise with relevant line ministries of Jubaland administration and other partners to ensure program activities are closely coordinated and information on reintegration are shared.
- Assess livelihoods opportunities for returnees and host communities in areas of return
The duration of the consultancy is from 01/10/2016 to 31/12/2016.
- Draw comprehensive reintegration plan by October 15, 2016
- Come up with recommendations on appropriate interventions in response to the needs of the returnees and the host community by October 20, 2016
- Prepare concept notes/proposals on sustainable livelihoods and employment generation for returnees by November 15, 2016.
- Submit monthly progress reports to the Country Director at the end of each month.
- Final reports will be sent to ARC Somalia Country Office by January 15th
- Experience formulating and implementing reintegration and livelihood programs
- Experience working with UNHCR on refugee repatriation and reintegration
- Experience of working in Somalia/Somaliland or the Eastern and Horn of Africa region
- Desirable Experience in coordination and resource mobilization for repatriation and reintegration programming
- Fluency in English
- Advanced degree in Economics, Business Administration or related social sciences
- Experience implementing reintegration activities
Excellent analytical and report writing skills.