The Program Strategy and Resource Mobilization Specialist will have strong proposal writing and coordination skills and be able to multi–task, working within tight timelines. S/he will build internal capacity and systems for new business development. S/he will be embedded within the clinical team to translate promising programs into technical proposals that result in funding for innovation and scale-up.
Proposal Development (70%)
- Lead the development of proposals including developing bidding strategy, coordinating the proposal team and process, ensuring proposal process moves forward and quality control of all proposal pieces, ensuring that technical and cost proposals are in line, and being responsible for on-time submission in line with donor requirements, in coordination with PIH Boston development team colleagues and PIH Liberia colleagues
- Handle negotiations and communications with sub and prime organizations within Liberia
- Facilitate proposal design/strategy meetings working with clinical/technical staff to develop overall project design including the technical strategy, management plans and logical frameworks.
- Lead technical proposal writing.
- Manage the submission to award process for select proposals.
- Lead grant launch to hand over grant to the Program team upon award.
- Other tasks as assigned
Strategic Positioning (10%)
- In collaboration with the PIH Liberia team leadership, contribute to annual and multi-year business development strategies that leverage PIH capabilities to identify new partnerships.
- Coordinate pre-bid efforts including proactively gathering information and identifying potential partners and staff prior to official announcement.
- Conduct both general outreach and more regular communications with donors and implementing partners and, in general, gather and provide cogent analysis of available business intelligence. Understand relative strength and weaknesses of potential collaborators and competitors to inform PIH Liberia proposal strategy.
- Consider potential opportunities, intelligence, and information from positioning efforts and prepare analysis for specific bid and partnership recommendations.
- Monitor current public and private sector donor priorities and general bilateral and multilateral funding trends.
- System Building Efforts (20%)
- Support the development of new business development tracking tools and systems.
- Build capacity across PIH Liberia departments in the area of new business development through training and hands-on support.
- Master’s Degree in public health, epidemiology, health care management, international development, or public policy, or equivalent experience in grant writing/new business development;
- 5 years of related work experience
- Significant work experience with institutional donors, including EU, USG and/or other public sector funding is required.
- Experience working in global health with other global health organizations. Experience in program design and implementation at field level preferred.
- Excellent coordination, writing, and communications skills; ability to conceptualize and articulate funding needs persuasively to potential funders.
- Proven track record in proposal coordination and writing, including organizational skills and management of deadlines.
- Ability to manage complex projects from creation to completion, prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and country.
- Commitment to health as a human right and social justice required
- International work experience necessary; prior experience in West Africa a plus.
- Willingness to spend up to one month per quarter in Harper.