SCOPE OF WORK:
This is an unpaid internship.
SCOPE OF VOLUNTEER WORK: The Resource Development Intern will assist the IRC in Dallas in planning and conducting development efforts; building volunteer networks; soliciting, collecting, managing, and tracking donations; and assisting with advocacy for refugees and public education about refugees and IRC.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in the planning, advertisement, coordination, and staffing of fundraising and special events.
- Identify possible donations and facilitate delivery or pick-up of donations.
- Assist in grant research and writing.
- Maintain donations closet and track donations.
- Assist with direct appeal mailings, including labeling and addressing envelopes, to IRC supporters.
- Administrative tasks as needed.
- Assist in transporting donated goods to client’s apartments
- Create relationships with organizations, businesses, volunteer groups, schools and civics organizations who are interested in learning more about refugees and the IRC.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to provide safe, legal transportation according to state and local guidelines.
- Be reliable and flexible.
- Ability to work two Saturdays per month.
- Willing to learn about IRC history, philosophy, global work, and local efforts.
- Willing to learn about cross-cultural communication and ethnic backgrounds of clients.
- Willing to adhere to IRC volunteer and workplace policies.
- Ability to conduct research through various information channels, including the Internet.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English
- Proficiency in a refugee language preferred.
Time commitment: 15+ hours per work week. There is a 12-week minimum requirement for our internships.
Must be available to work two Saturdays per month.
Please apply using our online system. You can also prioritize your application by sending your resume, cover letter, and contact info for 2 references directly to VolunteerDallas@rescue.org with the following information listed in the cover letter:
Internship(s) for which you wish to be considered (please provide a ranking of desired internships if you wish to be considered for multiple opportunities)
Projected start/end date (noting that we have a 3-month minimum for our internships)
Days and number of hours of availability during the work week (for example: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9am-5pm)
Whether or not you would have access to a car in which you would be willing to drive with the refugees and asylees we serve