The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks an experienced media and communications professional to lead and manage political discussion and media programming in Vilnius, Lithuania. The Resident Program Manager reports to the Resident Director and is responsible for designing and managing NDI’s political discussion and media programming for a country in the Eurasia region. The Resident Program Manager will work in close coordination with Washington, D.C.-based staff to manage programmatic, administrative, and financial aspects of the program.
- Manage all aspects of a complex, dynamic program supporting a diverse group of media partners engaged in political discussion and media programming;
- Develop and sustain strong relationships with program partners;
- Provide analysis and thought leadership on political and media trends;
- Lead design of research and tracking tools to analyze the media landscape, program impact and audience engagement;
- Assist partners in developing and fine-tuning programming that engages targeted audiences around social and political issues;
- Provide partners with usable information and tools to combat disinformation;
- Support the building of media coalitions and partnerships;
- Meet a rigorous schedule of requirements and deadlines for reporting and contracting;
- Work collaboratively with the senior management team and manage the Political Discussion and Media program staff team.
- Media expertise: at least five years of work experience in related fields (media, communications, NGO and/or politics, social media); strong demonstrated interest in media and social media as well as specific professional experience with media, online communications and/or disinformation required;
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and networking skills; existing positive relationships with key media programs are an advantage;
- Critical and analytical thinking skills;
- Strong writing skills with the ability to present clear and concise analysis;
- Strong understanding of political strategy;
- Ability to work discreetly, perform under time pressure, manage multiple priorities, and meet strict deadlines;
- Language skills: fluency in written and spoken English and Russian required;
- Team management experience preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Google Suite).
NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, NDI makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify NDI’s Human Resources department.