Founded in 1933, the IRC is a leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict. The IRC opened an office in Wichita, KS in 2011 to provide reception and placement services to newly arrived refugees. The office resettles approximately 400 refugees per year and provides numerous program services to assist the refugee from their arrival through citizenship.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Resettlement Assistant provides administrative and client support services to the Resettlement team. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting directly to the Resettlement Supervisor.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build physical files for new arrivals.
- Assist in the data entry and completion of funder reports.
- Assist in updating digital client service tracking sheets.
- Assist in entering client and service delivery data in ETO, IRIS and other IRC databases.
- Coordinate receipt and distribution of client documents and complete data entry procedures.
- Support Resettlement Team in the preparation of Social Security, food stamps, and other public benefits applications.
- Assist Resettlement Team with filing financial records, case notes, and other documentation.
- Assist Resettlement Supervisor in the coordination of Cultural Orientation classes for newly-arrived refugees.
- Assist Resettlement Supervisor with case file monitoring.
- Participate as an active member of the Resettlement Services team and the IRC Wichita Team.
- Other duties/tasks as needed and assigned by supervisor.
- Undergraduate degree is preferred.
- Experience in accurately maintaining information and records.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Comfortable working in multicultural environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Reliable, professional, resourceful, team oriented and sensitive to cultural differences.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle with current insurance.