The project will begin in late December 2020 and is projected to last through February 2021. The desk review and data collection will be performed by the TL remotely with the support of the Researcher to conduct some in-person interviews. The Researcher is required for up to 20 days of LOE from December 2020 through February 2021.
- Contribute to a desk review of documents relevant to the social and economic impacts of Covid-19 in Lao PDR and USAID/LCO programming.
- Support the development of the assessment design and data collection tools
- Administer interviews with stakeholders in Lao PDR
- Support the development and finalization of project deliverables, including the assessment design and data collection tools, and final report.
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables; implement SI quality assurance processes.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- At least five years of related research experience or a Master’s degree and at least two years of related experience.
- Significant experience conducting interviews with a variety of informants.
- Understanding of current Lao PDR social and economic context as well as development challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and notetaking skills.
- Fluency in English and Lao required.