About Eurasia Group
Eurasia Group provides the marketplace with a comprehensive and integrated set of political risk solutions. Our clients range from macro hedge funds to institutional investors, from family businesses to the world’s largest multinational corporations. What they all share is a desire to better manage the risks and opportunities that flow from politics.
We take a structured approach to understanding these challenges. We provide our clients with both qualitative and quantitative tools to anticipate and manage political risks, and to profit from them. Our multi-faceted approach allows us to adapt to the rapidly evolving world of geopolitics.
In this position, you will provide research assistance on current developments and future trends for the firm’s Latin America practice, with a specific focus on Central America and the Andean region. You will either have, or will develop, the ability to analyze important macro-political policy drivers and industry fundamentals in the financial and energy sectors.
More specifically, in this role, you will do:
- Perform in-depth research
- Write both short analyses and longer papers
- Assist in the preparation of briefings for both private sector and government clients.
- Assist in developing coverage of macroeconomic and energy related issues in the region relevant to Eurasia Group’s financial, corporate, and government clients.
- Possess a minimum a BA in political science or a relevant field.
- Fluency in Spanish is required for this position.
- Candidates must have demonstrable academic and work experience (including internships) that are relevant to the position.
- A minimum of one year’s field experience in the region is preferred.
- You will have excellent research capabilities as well as analytic and writing skills, at native English standard. You understand deadlines and manage competing demands on one’s time.
At Eurasia Group, we strive to put politics first for our clients. This requires us to maintain a company culture that puts people first. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, empowering, and globally minded. We firmly believe that diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural background, religion, disability, and age brings ideas and perspectives to the table that make our analysis stronger for our clients and make our company a better place to work for our people. Our leadership team is committed to embedding diversity and inclusion into everything we do and how we lead.