SI is seeking an individual to fill the role of the Research Specialist (Data Collection Manager) for this final program evaluation. The Data Collection Manager will play a critical role in the implementation of the evaluation. They will be responsible to manage data collection, analysis and work with DAI and OTI as needed to gather information identified as gaps. The Data Collection Manager is expected to train data collectors and maintain communication with OTI to ensure that we are up to date on developments and progress of evaluation. The full team is anticipated to include Team Lead, Evaluation Specialist, Data Collection Manager (local), Logistician (local), and Data Collectors (local).
The evaluation will run July through November 2021 (final report due November 1, 2021), with data collection anticipated for August/September (dates to be determined). The bulk of the work will be required in July, August, and September. Field work may be conducted in person, pending security considerations and adhering to GRM COVID-19 regulations.
- Support the development of the evaluation design and data collection tools.
- Train local data collectors and pilot data collection tools in northern Mozambique.
- Throughout data collection, provide ongoing support to data collectors and quality assurance on incoming data. Support may include scheduling, reviewing interviews and finalizing notes, reviewing translations (if applicable), coordinating with the Team Leader, conducting emerging themes reflection sessions, and more.
- Coordinate with local stakeholders, including from DAI and OTI, to identify respondents, identify gaps in information, and plan data collection efforts to fill gaps under the direction of the Team Leader.
- Maintain communication with the Team Leader and Social Impact on the progress of data collection and interim quality assurance checkpoints—submission of notes and recordings, completeness, initial themes or findings, etc.
- During analysis and reporting, respond to data-related requests and ensure all necessary data is available and of high quality.
- Previous experience training and managing evaluation data collection teams.
- Experienced in qualitative data collection methods and analysis.
- Flexible, able to work well in a team setting, open minded.
- Must be based in Mozambique and willing/able to travel to the field to manage the evaluation during data collection and analysis.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English required.