Background: Eurasia Group, the world’s top political risk management firm, is looking for a high-caliber Research Intern to support its fast-paced Energy, Climate & Resources (ECR) team with colleagues based in Washington DC, New York, London, and Singapore.
As clients diversify operations and political risks become more acute in both developed and emerging economies, political-risk management becomes a critical concern. Using your research skills and analytical expertise, you will help Fortune 100 and similar companies navigate uncertainty and develop solutions that turn political risks into unique opportunities.
Role: As a Research Intern, you will be responsible for performing in-depth, distinctive research and analysis in support of client-facing engagements. In this role, you will assist the ECR team by collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing information across the intersection of geopolitics and a variety of sectors in the energy, climate, and resource space. Prior academic or professional experience in this area is preferred though not required.
During your internship, you will be expected to follow key developments in global politics and public policies impacting existing and prospective clients. Your work will include collaborating with Eurasia Group team members who will be developing analytical frameworks, qualitative and quantitative models, synthesizing findings, crafting recommendations, and developing compelling presentations to C-Suite clients. Additionally, you will hone your research expertise across a range of sources and gain experience in the political risk industry, including through collaboration with other practice areas.
While the internship will be performed remotely due to COVID-19 safety guidelines, there will be substantial virtual collaboration, teamwork, and networking opportunities. The prospective duration of the internship is flexible.
- Ideal candidates will have some professional experience (1 – 3 years) that reflects strong research and analytical skills
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Economics, International Affairs, Business, or a related field of study (underway or completed) is required
- Candidates in the process of earning an advanced degree (e.g., Master of International Affairs, etc.) are preferred
- All candidates must have an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual rigor, and strong discipline
- Candidates should be demonstrated team players with strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent, fully fluent written and oral presentation skills in English are required
- Familiarity and competency with Microsoft Office Suite applications is necessary
- Applicants must be able to provide a certificate or other type of authorization from their academic institution demonstrating their eligibility for academic credit for this unpaid internship
Please provide a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “ECR Intern Application.” In your cover letter, please explain why you are a good fit for this internship.