RTI Health Solutions provides research and consulting services to clients in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries. Clients rely on our expertise, quality standards and integrity to guide clinical development, regulatory strategies and access to the market. RTI-HS has office locations in the U.S., U.K., Spain, France and Sweden.
We are currently seeking a Research Economist to join our Health Preference Assessment (HPA) team. You can be based in in Manchester or Belfast in the United Kingdom.
As a Research Economist, you will be part of a team that has a reputation for conducting high-quality preference research in a collegial working environment. The HPA Group specializes in developing surveys to elicit and quantify preferences of patients, physicians, and other health-care stakeholders for features and outcomes of medical and pharmaceutical interventions using rigorous stated-preference methods.
HPA studies apply discrete-choice experiments, threshold technique, best-worst scaling, contingent-valuation and other preference methods. HPA staff members are internationally recognized thought leaders in this research area and their work is published in high-level clinical and health-economic journals.
- Lead and manage projects and project tasks as part of a project team
- Study and survey design and development, development of protocols and statistical analysis plans, analysis of discrete-choice and other stated-preference data, interpretation of results, and preparation of technical reports and manuscripts
- Contribution to scientific publications
- Proposal writing
- Collaboration with project teams, project managers, and operational teams
- PhD in a quantitative social-science field such as economics, psychometrics, operations research, or statistics with at least 2 years professional experience or a Master’s level degree in one of these fields with at least at least 4 years of related professional experience, or a Bachelor’s level degree in one of these fields with at least at least 6 years or related professional experience.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience in leading survey-research projects or project tasks
- Quantitative research experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in discrete-choice analysis or other stated-preference methods
- Proficiency in statistical software packages including STATA, Limdep/NLogit, SAS, R, MATLAB, or Stata.
- Pharmaceutical industry or consultancy experience
RTI is committed to Lead Forward. We innovate, develop talent, collaborate, communicate, think globally, act strategically, and engage inclusively. If that aligns with your values, we would like to hear from you. Join us and experience the RTI Difference