ICF is growing and hiring a Research Coordinator to support research, policy, and administrative activities for our client at the U.S. Department of Labor. This is a full-time, hybrid or remote position at the U.S. Department of Labor in Washington D.C. The International Labor & Migration team at ICF helps clients identify, document, measure, and address human rights violations and labor exploitation through mixed methods, qualitative and quantitative research, and data collection across countries and industries.
The Research Coordinator will be part of ICF team that provides research, publication, policy, and administrative support to Office of Child Labor, Forced Labor, and Human Trafficking (OCFT) at the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of International Labor Affairs. With over 25 years of experience, OCFT is a world leader in the fight to eradicate child labor, forced labor, and human trafficking. OCFT combats these egregious labor abuses using a two-part approach: i) providing cutting-edge research on child labor and forced labor in more than 150 countries around the world, and ii) working collaboratively with nearly 100 governments and 80 organizations to strengthen laws, enforcement, policies, and social programs to end child labor and forced labor.
- Perform desk research tasks as assigned
- Provide technical assistance, coordination, data management, and editing activities
- Review texts and data in SharePoint according to strict USDOL guidelines
- Facilitate meetings and provide logistical support
- Support for the work on DOL’s Knowledge Management Platform and update products from older/closed projects using the platform
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, international relations, international affairs, social sciences, or business administration (a master’s degree can be substituted for 2 years of experience)
- 2+ years of experience in project coordination and data management for a US Government agency
- 2+ years of experience in conducting desk research and editing on topics related to human rights, child labor, forced labor, and human trafficking
- 2+ years of experience using Excel and SharePoint
- Ability to obtain low-level security clearance. Must meet all Background Investigation requirements in accordance to FIPS 201-2 para 2 (Common Identification, Security, and Privacy Requirements) section 2.1 and 2 (p. 5 and 6).
- 1+ years of experience using project management tools such as Project for the Web, Asana, SharePoint, WorkZone, Trello, and WorkBook
- 1+ years of experience working on U.S. Government-funded projects or other international development projects
- 1+ years of experience in conducting adult training
- Organizational, problem-solving, attention-to-detail, and facilitation skills
- Collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and produce accurate results, sometimes on a quick turnaround basis.
- Ability to pivot and respond effectively to changing priorities,
- Experience working independently, completing assignments with minimal supervision
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and set strategic priorities
- Advanced professional proficiency in verbal and written English
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range – There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is –
$55,089.00 – $93,652.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)