PATH is currently recruiting for a Research Associate for the Formulation Technologies Group within PMA.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
The PMA Program at PATH develops, advances, and facilitates commercialization of health technologies for low-resource settings. PATH teams conduct collaborative research and development with universities, manufacturers, and other institutions to develop products that are appropriate and affordable for developing-country use. PATH’s goals in these collaborations are to achieve maximum sustainable public health benefit and to facilitate global technology access.
PATH’s Formulation Technology Group advances novel formulation, delivery, and cold chain technologies to accelerate the development and introduction of vaccines and other pharmaceutical products to serve the unmet medical needs of people in low- and middle-income countries.
- Conduct laboratory experiments to develop and stabilize mRNA lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulations using various microfluidics based mixing approaches.
- Work with a senior scientist to design experiments and develop analytical methods for monitoring stability of mRNA LNP vaccines in development.
- Conduct method qualification according to ICH guidelines, generate protocols, and support transfer methods to collaborating partners.
- Record and maintain results in an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Present results at internal project meetings in a power point slide format and provide weekly updates on work completed and next steps.
- Contribute to interpretation of experiments, planning of research, and presentation of data.
- Assist in development and writing of SOPs, training materials, and summarizing technical data for reports.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize workload.
- Ability to collaborate with team members on experimental set up and execution