PATH is currently recruiting for a Scientific Lab Associate for the Formulation Technologies Group within MDHT.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The MDHT Program at PATH develops, advances, and facilitates commercialization of health technologies for low-resource settings. PATH teams conduct collaborative research and development with universities, manufacturers, and other institutions to develop products that are appropriate and affordable for developing-country use. PATH’s goals in these collaborations are to achieve maximum sustainable public health benefit and to facilitate global technology access.
PATH’s Formulation Technology Group within the Medical Devices and Health Technologies program advances novel formulation, delivery, and cold chain technologies to accelerate the development and introduction of vaccines and other pharmaceutical products to serve the unmet medical needs of people in low- and middle-income countries.
- Conduct laboratory experiments to aid in the development of in vitro antigen potency methods (ELISA, WB, TCID50, microbial growth curve, etc).
- Design experiments and develop analytical methods for monitoring potency and stability of the final product.
- Conduct method qualification according to ICH guidelines, generate protocols, and transfer method to collaborating partners.
- Support development and evaluation of different formulations using stability indicating methods.
- Research and develop appropriate formulations for oral vaccine delivery. (antiacid dosing and evaluation)
- Record and maintain results in an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Present results at internal and external project meetings. Ability to give at least weekly updates on work completed and next steps.
- Contribute to interpretation of experiments, planning of research, and presentation of data.
- Assist in development and writing of SOPs, training materials, and summarizing technical data for reports.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize workload.
- Ability to collaborate with team members on experimental set up and execution.