*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH has unparalleled expertise and experience in the development of new tools and strategies for malaria elimination and has the potential to become an acknowledged leader in accelerating efforts towards malaria elimination and global eradication.
PATH’s Malaria Portfolio is seeking a full-time French-speaking Research Associate to join the Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases department. The Research Associate will work with various types of malaria data towards producing key analyses and visualization products to inform national malaria control and elimination strategies. The ideal candidate should possess strong data skills and experience in malaria epidemiology, data analysis, and data visualization. The person will work with a range of datasets including epidemiological, entomological, program implementation, intervention coverage, and climate datasets to produce integrated analyses and data dashboards to inform decisions for malaria control and elimination.
The person will be working on the integrated data analytics and visualization component of the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) VectorLink Project as well as the Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA) project. Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct key stakeholder consultation regarding data use cases for malaria control strategy and planning. Establish and maintain routine communication with end users at national level to assess use cases and develop product ideas to serve end user needs.
- Access all relevant datasets for malaria control decision making in assigned project countries.
- Prepare and enhance datasets for analysis and visualization.
- Create interactive charts, maps, and infographics to summarize key indicators.
- Create research reports and briefs designed to inform decision-making.
- Plan and co-lead national data use workshops to build capacity in data access and use for decision-making.
- Contribute to global dissemination of project learning and products including case study documents, presentations, and peer-reviewed publications.