The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
We seek a highly motivated research associate to join our R & D laboratory located in Lexington, MA. As a member of the drug discovery team, the successful candidate will report to the lead scientist of HTS, help with the implementation (i.e. development and validation) and execution of cell-based HT screening assays. The ideal candidate will have a strong background or interest in screening and drug discovery. He/she will be joining a result-driven, team-oriented, and interdisciplinary research environment. He/she will be expected to contribute to data generation, analysis, internal presentations and engage in communications/collaborations with a cross-functional team of scientists at the lab.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform laboratory experiments using standard techniques and equipment with minimal supervision.
- Troubleshooting and Quality Control of experimental activities with oversight from the Scientist.
- Perform related lab maintenance such as maintaining and cleaning equipment and ordering supplies.
- Perform calculations to complete research test results; collates data; and performs analysis of lab results for discussion with supervisor.
- Participate in group meetings for discussion of data and suggested next steps.
- Maintain detailed records of the work carried out (electronic lab notebook).
- Collate results in preparation for internal meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- B.S. in Life Sciences with a minimum 2 year’s R+D lab experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and capable of multi-tasking in a dynamic team.
- Reports to the Senior Scientist II. No direct reports.
- Commute to lab every workday – Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Occasional weekend work in the lab.
- Annual/Biannual travel to scientific or technology-focused meetings, as necessary.
- Sitting, bending, reaching, and walking.
- Ability to lift heavy objects (not to exceed 30 lbs.) for set-up of lab equipment.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.