The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which CFF stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
Performs experiments to develop research tools (such as CRISPR engineered cell lines) and evaluate therapeutic approaches for Cystic Fibrosis as part of the gene editing team. Day to day activities are mostly wet lab work including conducting routine cell culture and assays. Other activities include planning experiments, analyzing data, and electronic record keeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform laboratory experiments using standard techniques and equipment such as cell culture, CRISPR-based gene editing, PCR, cloning, mRNA quantification (qPCR), protein quantification (Western blot), reporter assays, etc..
- Troubleshooting and quality control of experimental activities.
- Performs related lab maintenance such as maintaining and cleaning equipment and ordering supplies.
- Performs data processing, QC and analysis; and present experimental results for discussion with supervisor.
- Maintain detailed records of the work carried out (electronic lab notebook).
- Collates results in preparation for internal meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- B.S. in Life Sciences.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and capable of multi-tasking in a dynamic team.
- Reports to Sr. Scientist II; no direct reports.
- Commute to lab every workday – Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Occasional weekend work in the lab.
- Annual/Biannual travel to scientific or technology-focused meetings as necessary.
- Sitting, bending, reaching, and walking.
- Ability to lift heavy objects (not to exceed 30 lbs.) for set-up of lab equipment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees and their family members.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.