Since 2015, the Department of Agriculture – Bureau of Soil and Water Management (BSWM) has been implementing a three-year Sustainable Land Management Project (SLMP). The SLMP has been designed to implement SLM practices that will address land degradation and mitigate effects of drought and systematically contribute to the enhancement of integrated natural resource management in the country.
A dedicated Project Management Office (PMO) has been established for the implementation of the project outcomes namely: 1) Effective cross-sectoral enabling environment at the national and local level in place to promote integrated landscape management; 2) Long term capacities and incentives in place for local communities and LGUs to uptake SLM practices in two (2) targeted municipalities in the Philippines.
The project is partnering with mandated government agencies to develop and implement a work plan that includes organizing series of consultations, training-workshops, and meetings with experts in the government and academe, and other key stakeholders.
Key outputs include the preparation of (a) Integrated Land Management Framework Plan; (b) Guidelines on SLM mainstreaming into national and local land use plan; (c) Information Management System; (d) Competency Program Development Guide; (e) Composite Land Degradation Index Monitoring System; (f) SLM Training Modules.
Given the scope and wide coverage, the SLMP is seeking the services of a Research Specialist to provide technical and administrative support to the Local Consultants (LCs) in implementing project activities.
The Consultant will report directly to the BSWM through the PMO. BSWM will issue a certificate of satisfactory accomplishments as basis for the release of equivalent remuneration.
The Consultant will be required to present the outputs at the BSWM main office in Visayas Avenue, Quezon City.The Consultant will be required to report daily at the office.
Remuneration and Duration of the Work
The Consultant must factor in all possible costs in his/her “All Inclusive Lump Sum Fee/Daily Fee” financial proposal including his/her consultancy and professional fee, honorarium, communication cost such as telephone/internet usage, printing cost, return tral from home to office, ad-hoc costs, stationery costs, and any other foreseenable costs in this Consultancy post. No costs other tan what has been indicated in the financial proposal will be pair of reimbursed to the Consultant.
Domestic travel may be contingent on engagement requirements. Travel and related costs (i.e. transportation expenses and applicable daily subsistence allowance (DSA) during travels) for the engagement shall be borne by the Project.
The position is Manila-based and the Research Specialist shall initially be engaged for ten (10) months.
The Contractor will report to the following: BSWM National Focal Person, Project Manager.The PMO may require the Contractor to provide updates as required.
The Contractor is expected to collaborate with the PMO as well as the LCs.
SCHEDULE OF PAYMENT
The Consultant will be engaged for around 10 months and shall be paid the fees based upon submission and acceptance of the following outputs and corresponding tranches:
First Tranche – 5%
– Upon submission and acceptance of the report on the data/information gathered on the mapping of soil taxonomic classes in the project sites for initial identification of natural land degradation as LD benchmark for monitoring LDI;
Second Tranche – 10%
– Upon submission and acceptance of the report on the data/information gathered for the finalization of the competency development program guide and SLM Training Manual;
Third Tranche – 10%
– Upon submission and acceptance of the report on the data/information gathered on the development of the basic information needed for the Conduct of FFS for the Competency Assessment for SLM1 as Adaptive Technology SLM Version 2 (SLM2);
Fourth Tranche – 10%
– Upon submission and acceptance of the report on the data/information gathered for the finalization of the report on the pilot testing of draft supplemental guidelines in the target municipalities;
Fifth Tranche – 10%
– Upon submission and acceptance of the report on the data/information gathered for the finalization of the supplementary guidelines in mainstreaming SLM in the CLUP and potential investment and incentives for local adoption of SLM;
Sixth Tranche – 10%
– Upon submission and acceptance of the report on the data/information gathered for the finalization of the report on the conduct of Training of Trainors for LGUs, ATI, DA-BSWM and DENR;
Seventh Tranche – 15%
– Upon submission and acceptance of the report on the data/information gathered on the revision of the requirements for pilot sites as a result of the redesigning and new CLDI-SLM monitoring sites;
Eight Tranche – 10%
– Upon submission and acceptance of the report on the data/information gathered for the finalization of the GIS-based LDI-SLM maps for incorporation into CLUP;
Ninth Tranche – 10%
– Upon submission and acceptance of the report on the data/information gathered for the finalization of the report on the guidelines for implementing LDI;
Tenth Tranche – 10%
– Upon submission and acceptance of the report on the data/information gathered for the finalization of the report on the conduct of Training on Potential Trainors from DILG and HLURB on Various SLM Management and Physical Technologies for Mainstreaming SLM into the CLUP.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Research Associate (RA) will be responsible in providing technical assistance in general project implementation and management and day to day liaison with counterparts. The Consultant will provide comprehensive technical and administrative support to the LCs of the Project on the following: 1) Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP); 2) Soil & Water Conservation and Biodiversity (SWCB); 3) Capacity Development and Training (CDT); and 4) Database Management and Geographic Information System (DM & GIS).
Required Skills and Experience
Criteria for selection process:
The offer will evaluated based on the Combined Scoring method – where the qualifications and methodology will be weighted a max. of 70%, and combined with the financial offer which will be weighted a max of 30%.
In view of the volume of applications UNDP receives, only shortlisted offerors will be notified.
|Closing date:||September 17, 2017|