The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
Perform day-to-day duties using molecular biology techniques (gene cloning, plasmid construction PCR, site directed mutagenesis…) for generating recombinant plasmids. Complete mammalian cell transfection and apply biochemical/immunochemical techniques (SDS-PAGE, Western blotting…) for characterization. Complete tissue culture duties as required to support the needs of the Molecular Biology projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform laboratory experiments using standard techniques and equipment under supervision.
- Troubleshooting and quality control of experimental activities while under the supervision of the Scientist.
- Performs related lab maintenance, such as maintaining and cleaning equipment and ordering supplies.
- Performs data processing, QC and analysis; and present experimental results for discussion with supervisor.
- Maintain detailed records of the work carried out (electronic lab notebook).
- Collates results in preparation for internal meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- B.S. in Life Sciences.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and capable of multi-tasking in a dynamic team.
- Commute to lab every workday – Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Occasional weekend work in the lab.
- Annual/Biannual travel to scientific or technology-focused meetings as necessary.
- Sitting, bending, reaching, and walking.
- Ability to lift heavy objects (not to exceed 30 lbs.) for set-up of lab equipment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.