USAID is currently designing a new activity for improving local governance in Papua province. The procurement process requires a gender equality and social inclusion analysis (GESI). The Democratic Resilience and Governance (DRG) office at USAID/Indonesia has requested Social Impact led Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support project to lead this analysis.
The purpose of the GESI analysis is to help inform the DRG office as USAID considers programming on local governance in Papua. The GESI analysis will form an essential part of USAID/Indonesia’s solicitation for the Papua governance activity. The new activity will focus on fostering inclusive participation for responsive and accountable local government.
The MEL Support team will carry out the overall GESI analysis, including conducting interviews with key stakeholders, performing data analysis, and drafting the GESI analysis for the Papua governance activity.
Social Impact Inc. is seeking an exceptional individual to fulfil the role of Research Assistant for GESI analysis. This position will work under the direct supervision of the Senior GESI Specialist and work closely with the MEL Support project’s MEL Specialist.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for:
- Fully responsible for arranging and maintaining the filed data collection schedule and ensuring smooth logistical proceedings (lodging, transportation, etc) during field work;
- Writing detailed interview and/or FGD notes;
- Managing data collected from the field;
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior GESI Specialist.
ESTIMATED LOE: 27 days likely to be extended based on need.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline, such as: public administration/policy; research skills; international development; workforce development; private sector engagement, public policy, or a similar field;
- Demonstrated familiarity with relevant GOI ministries and procedures for obtaining approvals to interview relevant staff;
- Previous experience with USAID project or familiarity with USAID regulation/requirement is preferred;
- Experience in incorporating analysis of available secondary data to supplement qualitative data;
- Strong written and oral communication in Indonesian required, English additionally preferred;
- Possess 1-3 years of experience as a Researcher.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.