Research Assistant, Final Evaluation of USAID/
Indonesia’s Health Projects, Indonesia
The USAID/Indonesia Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) is designed to improve the functioning and utility of USAID Mission Performance Monitoring, Evaluation and Project Planning and Design systems through a combination of targeted direct M&E implementation, expert technical assistance, formal training, and knowledge sharing and M&E collaboration support. Under MESP, MSI has been asked to conduct a final performance evaluation of Maternal and Child Health Projects. The evaluation is expected to begin in December 2016. It will last about 5 months.
***Please note: Only Indonesia citizens are eligible for this position***
MSI is seeking Research Assistant to serve as the Final Evaluation Team members and work under the leadership of the Team Leader and MSI for the upcoming Maternal and Child Health Projects evaluation. The purpose of the evaluation is to gather lessons learned to inform future USAID and Government of Indonesia efforts to reduce maternal and newborn mortality in Indonesia.
- Participate in the initial Team Planning Meeting in Jakarta.
- Assists the evaluation team in conducting primary as well as secondary data collection, including library research, semi-structured interviews, and other project specific data collection methodology.
- Assists the evaluation specialist in interpreting, synthesizing and analyzing data.
- Providing assistance regarding necessary field work of research to the evaluation team.
- Other tasks, as assigned by the Team Leader or MSI.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience working as research assistance.
- Familiar with data collection and data processing software.
- Ability to take initiative and work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow organization’s regulations and supervisor instruction.
- Fluent in written and spoken both in Bahasa Indonesia and English.