About the Position
Internews is seeking a Research and Evaluation Coordinator to join our team in Tunisia as part of the USAID-funded PTP project. The project focuses on strengthening key electoral institutions, civil society organizations, media and elected officials in order to increase public trust and inclusive participation in the political process. Internews’s aim is to work with its partners to better inform and engage Tunisian citizens and civil society groups in elections and political processes. We aim to achieve this by creating healthy, dynamic and transparent information environments that empower citizens to make better-informed decisions, bridge divides, participate more fully in their communities, and hold power to account.
This role will report to the Internews Tunisia Senior Media Advisor and will work in close collaboration with the MENA Impact and Learning Team and relevant HQ departments as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Undertake field-monitoring missions to assess progress of the project implementation using Internews’ standard monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies;
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative desk research as well as field monitoring and verification of project implementation;
- Perform external evaluations – support the procurement and management of external consultants/service providers in delivering mid/endline project evaluations;
- Perform audience research – support the deployment of large-scale (nation-wide) informative and evaluative audience surveys undertaken by external research agencies; support media and civil society partners to undertake small-scale direct audience research via existing digital platforms.
- Provide input to all reporting though data collection, analyzing findings, providing recommendations;
- Engage in partner (beneficiary) media and civil society narrative reporting – design and support robust partner reporting systems;
- Oversee document management- responsible for archiving all reporting (donor, partner reporting as well as base/mid/endline M&E processes etc.)
- Create and manage an M&E workplan, incorporating various M&E milestones and deadlines across FoE projects;
- Attend project activities and trainings and work with the the project team to monitor them properly by: creating evaluation tools, collecting data first-hand from partners/beneficiaries and analyzing collected data;
- Support the program team in creating a framework and procedures for monitoring and evaluation of project activities;
- Maintain responsibility for data quality assurance of all activities and trainings.
- Work closely with the program team to ensure project success by documenting relevant success stories;
- Generate meaningful insights on effective program design and delivery;
- Will play a key role in communicating the program’s achievements to relevant parties;
- Identify and deliver key stories of impact utilizing different research approaches;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
Qualifications We’re Looking For
- Ability to work and reside in Tunisia;
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills, and experience of designing and managing mixed methods research in support of implementation, including the design of indicators and appropriate data collection methods;
- Experience in planning, coordinating and implementing research and analysis with multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience in undertaking or managing fieldwork and adapting methods to challenging and resource-constrained conditions;
- Strong presentation skills and experience in adapting oral and written research outputs to present in non-technical language to diverse audiences from grassroots to senior levels, including NGO staff, non-researchers, academics and donors;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage appropriately with audiences, journalists, local researchers, contractors, senior project staff and donors;
- Track record of delivering research findings on time, on budget and to a high standard;
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of research and M&E activities implemented by national/international organizations;
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of the media landscape in Tunisia;
- Prior experience on USAID funded projects.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.