The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks qualified candidates for immediate appointment for the position of Research Analyst for its Policy Research and Strategy Support Program (PRSSP) in Bangladesh. The position is a one-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment. The position will be based in Dhaka. The employee will report to the Chief of Party of the PRSSP. The PRSSP is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in Bangladesh.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with survey design and development of survey instruments.
- Analyze quantitative primary data collected through surveys and secondary data from various sources.
- Prepare tables and graphs and assist with writing journal articles, discussion papers, project research reports, policy briefs, and blogs for dissemination.
- Perform literature reviews, summaries, and annotated bibliographies.
- Travel extensively to collect data and supervise surveys in Bangladesh.
- Interact with collaborators and project partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in economics, agricultural economics, public policy, business administration, nutrition, statistics, sociology, or a closely related field.
- Familiarity with issues related to poverty, economic growth, food security, social protection, health, nutrition, gender, and agricultural and rural development in Bangladesh.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task as needed, consistently meet deadlines and manage time well.