International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Reporting Specialist
Department/Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Reporting Specialist for a third-party monitoring contract based in Nairobi, Kenya with travel to Somalia. The purpose of this contract is to verify and provide independent confirmation of humanitarian aid programs in Somalia. This position is open to Kenyan nationals only or those with a valid work permit.
- Develop and update a monthly Site Visit Report (SVR) writing plan, clearly designating SVR writing assignments and deadlines. Manage the timely completion of all SVR writing assignments and advise the project management team of any delays, recommending alternative options for completion if delays are encountered.
- Lead the qualitative data coding processes, with the support of the team
- Lead the site visit data analysis and preparation of SVRs. Provide feedback to the report writer consultants and ensure that the submitted reports are complete, accurate and comprehensively reflect all the primary site visit data collected.
- Coordinate with the team on site visit data quality control and Implementing Partner (IP) feedback cycles. This includes review of incoming site visit data (including secondary data collected from the IP in Somalia or in Nairobi) from the Third Party Monitor (TPM) sub-contractors for completeness, clarity and accuracy, and provide timely feedback to, and requests for clarification from the TPM to allow for revisions and additional data collection when necessary.
- Oversee and assess the quality of the data submitted by the TPM subcontractor each month and draft a monthly Data Quality Review feedback checklist and memo for each TPM subcontractor.
- Lead the IP feedback cycle for all SVRs, in coordination with the team.
- Assist with data analysis and reporting.
- Provide support for SMLP deliverables, data quality assessments, data collection and analytical tools, and reports.
- Conduct orientation and training of consultant writers at the beginning of each Option Year.
- Support the recruitment and management of a pool of SVR consultant writers.
- Contribute to the writing of other project deliverables, as needed.
- Coordinate in ensuring all SVRs, raw site visit data, and associated IP documentation is appropriately and systematically filed electronically on shared filing systems.
- Support in the development and delivery of TPM field monitor training and capacity building.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of experience in successful report writing /research/publications and management of international projects.
- In depth understanding of policies and regulations related to USAID project funding, sub-contracting, and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in managing deadlines.
- Proven experience managing the quality and consistency of a team of writers or researchers.
- Previous experience with USAID programs.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of monitoring principles.
- Strong familiarity and experience with MS Office Software, in particular MS Word and MS Excel.
- Demonstrated experience assigning, coordinating and managing tasks for a team of writers or researchers.
- Must be detail-orientated and able to meet assigned deadlines in a timely manner.
- Written and oral fluency in English required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, Social Science, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel to Somalia may be required.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Kenya
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com.