International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Monitoring Report Writer/Editor
Technical Point of Contact: Deputy Chief of Party or his designee
Type: Consultant, Short-Term Technical Assistance
Overview: Using your analytical and writing skills, perform writing and review tasks for the Yemen Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Project (YMELP), which gathers and provides independent, verifiable primary data to USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA), Office of Food for Peace (FFP), and their partners regarding the outputs, outcomes, progress, quality, challenges, successes and lessons learned from activities funded by OFDA and FFP in Yemen. Open only to Jordanian nationals.
Scope of Work:
- Review site visit reports prepared by data collection subcontractors in Yemen and provide annotated tracked changes to maintain version control. Each site visit report will require approximately 4 hours, expected turnaround time is 1 day from receipt of draft.
- Adhere to the YMELP filing system for draft, edited and final reports, using agreed file labelling convention.
- Complete the Data Quality Review Checklist to ensure reports are accurate, comprehensive and complete.
- Review quantitative data and review charts and graphs against the data for each report to verify accuracy.
- Communicate with subcontractors to request additional information and clarification as needed, making sure final edits provide a clear and accurate report of the site visit.
- Assist with compilation of site visit reports, and analysis of data from all site visits for inclusion into a Monthly Monitoring Report (MMR).
- Perform all tasks within deadlines provided.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients
This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Tasks can be performed remotely but there will be occasions where the consultant will be required to work within the IBTCI/YMELP office in Amman
- Five Years of relevant professional work experience
- One year experience with monitoring and evaluation or report writing for USAID funded programs as either a staff member of a consultant.
- Ability to work quickly and with attention to detail
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines and prioritize work
- Ability to communicate clearly and respond to requests in a timely manner
- Written English and Arabic fluency
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with USAID preferred
- Experience with emergency humanitarian response programs in WASH, food security, health, nutrition, and/or livelihoods preferred
- Experience with research writing preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independent and in teams setting.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs, Economics, Business /Business Administration, English or related field.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.