Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is looking for a qualified Renewable Energy Expert.
The USAID/Ukraine Energy Security Project (ESP) is a USAID-funded project working to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment and to increase resilience of energy supply. This will help Ukraine to achieve broad-based, resilient economic development to sustain country’s democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, Ukraine will facilitate private sector-led energy investments, and provide secure, reliable, and affordable energy for all Ukrainians.
As it works to implement requirements of the Third Energy Package, Ukraine is updating its renewable energy policies and programs related to energy procurement and investment conditions as well as technical integration of renewable energy in the grid. A critical consideration is assuring the reliable supply of affordable energy.
Tetra Tech is looking for a Renewable Energy Expert who will help to develop and implement a strategy that promotes conditions for development of renewable energy in a way that meets the goals of delivering sustainable, affordable, reliable energy. This person will report to the Chief of Party.
· Lead review of policies and regulations on renewable energy and competitive energy procurement.
· Lead assessment of and updates to the power sector policy, regulatory and technical framework that considers the affordable and reliable development of renewable energy.
· Manage the implementation of deployment of grid-connected renewable energy, including the organization of RE auctions.
· Lead communication with relevant stakeholders responsible for renewable energy development.
· Manage the completion of
o 50 pre-feasibility studies for renewable energy projects
o 25 renewable energy projects brought to the memorandum of understanding phase
o 6 renewable energy projects brought to the financial closing stage
· Manage RE capacity building event and knowledge management activities.
· Collect RE data and conduct necessary analyses on activities as requested by ESP management.
· Contribute to program monitoring and evaluation activities.
· Participate in conferences, seminars, workshops and other meetings as needed.
· Interact and maintain successful relationships with counterparts, other ESP employees, and subcontractors.
· Support project management to effectively manage projects.
· Other responsibilities, as designated by the project needs.
· At least 10 years of demonstrated experience in developing or implementing renewable energy policies and strategies.
· Experience in bringing renewable energy projects to financial close.
· Knowledge of Ukraine energy sector is a plus.
· Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects is a plus.
· Strong organizational/analytical skills; experience working with detailed technical data and reports.
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
· Ability to maintain flexibility, problem solve, and work independently with minimal supervision.
· Bachelor’s degree in environmental management, energy engineering, business administration or a related degree deemed appropriate by Tetra Tech. Masters a plus.
· Strong MS Office computer skills; knowledge of project management software is a plus.
· Fluent in English. Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian is a plus.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 17,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.