Do you want to make a direct impact in improving the lives of refugee children? ICF is looking for an on call, home based Child Welfare Professional to assist with quality assurance of audit reports of facilities that care for unaccompanied refugee children to complete audits on the prevention of sexual abuse of children in care.
The QA Specialist will provide a wide range of services based on recognized experience and expertise in auditing and monitoring congregate care facilities such as shelters, group homes, or residential treatment facilities. The Child Welfare professional will work shoulder to shoulder with audit staff as auditors develop reports, develop corrective action plans, and provide follow up in the areas of sexual abuse and sexual harassment prevention to ensure that these plans are presented clearly and accurately.
Desired areas of expertise include monitoring, auditing, licensing, and investigations in preventing and responding to sexual abuse and harassment.
This position can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
• Provide expertise in desired areas listed above in consulting with agency or organizational staff on best practice
• Provide expertise in the development of tools, reports, and protocols
• Review policies, training, reports, and evidence for sites
• Review and provide written feedback on audit reports and corrective action plans
• Provide consultation and recommendations for practice improvement
• Contribute to regular project reporting and support for activities related to the project’s evaluation, including data collection and continuous quality improvement efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree OR Master’s in social work, public administration, or relevant field
• 10+ years professional child welfare work experience with at least 3 years of relevant monitoring, evaluation and child welfare experience.
• Successfully complete Federal and State criminal background checks (fingerprints) and Child Protective Services (CPS) clearances from each state in which he/she has lived for the past five years due to Government contract.
• At least 2 years experience in completing accreditation or licensing audits
• At least 2 years experience in child abuse investigations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with peers, colleagues, consultants, and professional staff
• Exceptional project management skills with a focus on technical assistance project management
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
• Ability to multitask and maintain high-quality results in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
• Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Ability to gather, organize, and synthesize information for application in technical assistance delivery
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Puerto Rico Remote Office (PR99)