The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind – is seeking a Registration, Housing and Sourcing Manager.
We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible because of Foundation support.
The Registration, Housing and Sourcing Manager is responsible for oversight and management of the registration and housing vendors, NACFC registration and housing, registration for other meetings as required, sourcing and contracting for NACFC overflow hotels, and sourcing and contracting for another 20-25 meetings annually. Works closely with the Director on site selection for NACFC. Negotiates local hotel contract(s) for in-house meetings. Manages shuttles and temporary staffing for NACFC. NACFC is an annual city-wide conference of over 5,000 attendees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sourcing and Contracting Management
- Develop RFPs and negotiate hotel contracts for CFF meetings, conferences, retreats and other events as needed. Approximately 20-25 meetings/events per year.
- Negotiate and oversee contract with local hotel(s) for in-house meetings.
- Manage contract and relationship with registration vendor to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Manage pre-planning, onsite and post-meeting services for NACFC registration, and other meetings as required.
- Compile registration requirements and review with registration vendor; manage implementation by registration vendor.
- Manage registration vendor in the set-up, testing and quality assurance for online registration.
- Manage VIP, group, vendor and staff registration.
- Work with Exhibit Specialist to manage exhibitor and sponsor registration.
- Coordinate with general service contractor and registration vendor on the design and flow of onsite registration.
- Coordinate with logistics to determine onsite registration setup, signage and internet/electrical requirements.
- Determine onsite registration hours.
- Manage onsite registration for NACFC, to include oversight and management of temporary staff.
- Conduct post-show analysis of meeting registration experience to include recommendations for staff and cost efficiencies and improved participant experience.
- Coordinate with IT on CRM data synch.
- Coordinate with Programming to synch registration with continuing education credit reporting site.
- Coordinate with Finance for registration financial processing.
- Oversee registration refunds and credits.
- Maintain historical registration reports and data.
- Manage contract and relationship with housing vendor to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Assist Director with NACFC site selection, recommendations for most optimal room block in each city, and work with housing vendor to negotiate contracts to ensure maximum benefits are achieved for CFF (4,000 peak).
- Work with housing vendor to develop RFPs for overflow hotel requirements for NACFC.
- Manage housing sub-blocks for exhibitors and affiliate groups.
- Manage VIP, staff and vendor housing.
- Manage all changes as required for rooming list reservations.
- Assign and manage housing concessions, including upgrades, ground transportation, amenities, staff rates, comp nights, etc.
- Compile housing site requirements and review with housing vendor; manage build and implementation by housing vendor.
- Manage housing vendor in the set-up, testing and quality assurance for online booking.
- Track and report to the Director the housing pace for each meeting, making recommendations for appropriate reductions for additions as necessary.
- Work with housing vendor to prepare detailed pick up reports for all hotel blocks on a regular basis.
- Work with housing vendor and hotels to secure final post-convention pick up reports.
- Coordinate with housing vendor and/or hotels to conduct pre and post meeting audits.
- Coordinate with housing vendors and/or hotels to collect post meeting rebates.
- Reconcile housing portion of hotel master account billing invoices.
- Maintain housing history.
Ancillary Services Management
- Develop RFP for shuttle services for NACFC, make recommendations for optimal shuttle routes, and negotiate contract.
- Manage relationship with shuttle vendor to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Develop RFP for temporary staffing for NACFC, make recommendations for optimal staffing schedule, and negotiate contract.
- Manage relationship with temporary staffing vendor to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Manage temporary staff onsite at NACFC.
General Registration and Housing Support
- Meet required production deadlines for all online and print materials.
- Develop, implement, and execute budget line items for registration, temporary help, shuttles, and registration supplies.
- Provide registration and housing content for website, promotional materials and printed programs.
- Negotiate and manage CFF contract with Hilton Garden Inn for in-house meetings.
- Contract for other local room blocks for CFF in-house meetings.
- Research industry trends and concepts to contribute effective ideas to strategic planning and analysis processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years of experience in site selection and contract negotiation, including citywide conventions of 3,000 rooms or more on peak night
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity with hotels and other meeting venues across the country.
- Extensive industry contacts including hotel and CVB representatives.
- Experience managing registration and housing.
- Experience with databases and web-based applications.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A collaborative spirit and proven ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and vendor partners.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org .