Registration and Assessment Officer
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. Using right-based approaches, DRC has mainly focused on refugees, migrants and internally displaced People by conflict and natural disasters. Programs include WASH, protection, Food security/livelihoods and mine risks education, amongst others. DRC has hub offices in Sana’a, Aden, Hodeida and several sub-offices throughout Yemen. In response to the humanitarian needs and the resulting increase of conflict affected population in Yemen, DRC is seeking the services of a qualified Registration and Assessment Officer to support our emergency mobile rapid response team.
Job Title: RRM Registration and Assessment Officer (Emergency Response Department)
Location: North Yemen, Based in Hodeida with frequent Bait Alfaqih
Duration: 6 months
The Registration and assessment officer is responsible for the identification, selection and verification of beneficiaries lists approved and authorized by the Emergency Coordinator. Is responsible for ensuring that day to day documentation and financial management functions are performed in accordance with DRC policies, agreed Standard Cash Operating Procedures (SOPs). The Registration and assessment Officer supports and contributes to the organization and implementation of all registration and assessment activities. Supporting the emergency response in Yemen and ensuring an effective team and enabling environment are in place that achieves emergency programme results.
a) Reports to: Emergency Response Manager and administrative to the HoO – Hodeida.
b) Subordinates: Field Assistants- FI & NFI Distribution.
Registration and Assessment:
1. Adhere to standard operating procedures for registration of Cash/voucher and FI and NFI assistance.
2. Work with partners to ensure clear communication with affected communities regarding targeting criteria, entitlements, how to access assistance and give feedback
3. Plan and implement registration activities in hard to get areas.
4. Ensure all protection concerns are met and dealt with during the registration and assessment process including but not limited to protection mainstreaming guidelines.
5. Maintain neutrality and transparency during the assessment and registration process.
6. Collect beneficiary data and modify as per the DRC selection criteria, add to beneficiary database and profiles Modify or add data to beneficiaries’ profile
7. Establish and maintain effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use. Ensure filing adheres to internal protocols and is regularly maintained
8. Attend all cluster relevant meetings
9. Deal with complaints or issue related to Cash/voucher and FI and NFI registration through the distribution hotline
10. Assist in designing and implementing various needs assessment surveys
11. Report on unmet needs and gaps in FI, NFI and Cash distributions to the Emergency Coordinator
12. Carry out the daily / weekly / monthly work plan as directed by the Emergency Coordinator
13. Participate in assessments, selection and training to volunteers and distribution workers
14. Represent DRC towards communities, communicating about DRC mandate, eligibility criteria for emergency projects, and humanitarian principles
15. Manage conflicts when they arise and possible solutions.
Monitor and evaluate on going distribution and cash/voucher activities and report on unmet needs and gap.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager;
• Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Yemen programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
• Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Essential qualities and experiences:
• 2 years of NGO/UN field experience in a similar position.
• Good communication skills (reading, writing, speaking).
• Ability to write weekly activity reports and communication pieces.
• Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must.
• Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
• Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental Organizations and Local Governments.
• Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
• Strong networking, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of IDP crisis.
• Analytical Skills
• Planning Skills
• Teamwork Skills
• Initiative (proactive)
• Result-oriented and Accountability
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
How to Apply
CVs of qualified candidates are invited at the below link by the 26th Oct 2018. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and based on urgency, DRC may fill the position prior to the closing date. Please name your CV before uploading the file. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.