The Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has a part-time (8 hrs/wk) opening for a Regional Network Connector – US Atlantic Region. The Regional Network Connector (RNC) develops and nurtures relationships with other CRCNA regional personnel in order to form collaborative partnerships that serve to strengthen congregational ministry. The RNC is required to also be employed by another CRCNA ministry that serves congregations.
A detailed description is below. For consideration, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by February 10, 2020.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
1. Develop and strengthen a rich awareness of all denominational and regional ministries (as well as relevant classical, parachurch, diaconal, etc. ministries) that strengthen congregational mission, in terms of each one’s mandate, culture, strategies and personnel.
2. Together with other regional personnel, discern patterns of congregational health and the emphases and strategies which will strengthen the churches.
3. Together with the Connections II team, develop and strengthen strategies for facilitating organic, synergizing partnerships among CRC ministries.
4. Develop and implement a communications strategy which (a) strengthens the regional network, (b) keeps classes and congregational leaders well-informed concerning the presence and actions of the regional network.
5. Engage in meaningful contact with congregational leaders through workshops, meetings, conversations, and other means.
6. Attend at least one meeting per year of each classis in one’s region, and read minutes of all classis meetings, so that (a) the RNC is aware of the culture and dynamics of each classis, (b) relationships with classis delegates are strengthened, and (c) the RNC has opportunities to keep each classis informed concerning denominational or regional work.
7. Participate with others to coordinate, plan, and host annual regional gatherings.
8. Participate with others to connect congregations with similar interests within the region.
9. Assist in populating regional, and denominational-wide, resource databases.
10. Fulfill additional responsibilities as may be assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Adept at building community, both virtually and in person
3. Demonstrated well-developed organizational skills with excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and initiative.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills and is able to deal with a variety of audiences of all ages and diverse settings.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in commonly used computer applications, internet research and constituent relationship management tools.
6. Effective communicator
7. Self-starter who thrives on working independently
8. Strong and growing commitment to Christ and His activity in North America
1. The Regional Network Connector is required to be employed by another denominational ministry that promotes congregational health. (The education required and experience received through that employment will be deemed sufficient for the RNC role.)
2. History of strong relational capital in the region is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Ability to communicate easily via phone and teleconferencing.
● Must be able to travel to various locations within the U.S. and Canada as needed to provide leader support to churches (no more than 3-4 days per month).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The RNC will reside within the region which he or she serves.