PATH is currently recruiting for a Regional Systems Administrator.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997.
The PATH Regional Systems Administrator (RSA) is a position unique to PATH’s country and program offices outside of the United States. This position will provide users with first and second level technical support and problem resolution for hardware and software issues. The Regional Systems Administrator will work independently or/and under the guidance of more experienced PATH information technology (IT) personnel to act as technical liaison with local or network systems providers, analyze PATH user requests, perform system and PC moves/adds/changes, track and monitor local hardware and software inventory, install IT hardware and software, prepare reports, schedule and perform new hire orientations, perform basic application training, and act as a ‘remote hands’ resource for more various technical implementations. The Vietnam RSA position will fulfill these responsibilities at the employee’s home office, as well as at PATH offices in India, China, and Myanmar. Travel to these locations is expected to occupy about 10-15%, maximum of the position’s time.
- Work with local managers to determine appropriate personnel system rights and permissions, and work with PATH IT to apply such rights and permissions
- Responsible for deployment, management, maintenance & documentation of region’s IT infrastructure and connectivity
- Respond to first and second level requests for technical assistance from on-site and country office staff in Hanoi, and other PATH locations in the region. Diagnose and resolve, or escalate where appropriate, such requests for assistance
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain IT-specified hardware in Hanoi and other PATH locations within the region, such as PC setups, servers, firewalls, network switches and routers, branch concentrators, etcetera. Work under the direction of International IT Operations Manager and other global IT staff in this regard, where required
- Oversee and supervise technical contractors/ consultants carrying out work for PATH throughout the region where applicable
- Perform first and second-level troubleshooting and resolution of local user, network, PC, system and printer problems and virus issues. Accept and work on escalation requests from site IT assistants in the field
- Perform IT site surveys and audits for site expansions, new locations, technology additions, as well as site moves, adds and changes for PCs, systems, networks
- Assist with getting technical equipment shipped to the site, and work with local shipping agencies and customs to that effect
- Perform new user orientation for PATH systems, software, hardware and IT processes where applicable and refresher training for existing users when necessary
- Liaise with local technical vendors and service providers in Hanoi and other PATH locations within the region on technical issues, and report on these issues
- Advise senior PATH IT staff and management on public and private infrastructure matters in the region
- Staying current with, and report on, site hardware/software, changes and updates
- Ensure compliance with ICT policy across the region as well as use of PATH’s standardized hardware and software
- Acting as performance leader (and possibly team lead) for other IT personnel who may be associated with PATH project offices throughout the RSA’s geography