Plan, coordinate and monitor project procurement related activities within the regional hubs linked to one or more of the 3 Regions of the Bank. Ensure effective compliance to procurement guidelines for successful implementation of approved projects across the Regional Hubs concerned with the Region. Supports the development of innovative products undertaken by the project procurement function.
Policies, Procedures & Processes
- Implements and interprets policies and procedures contained in the procurement Guidelines.
- Provide Technical advice to the project officers in preparation of project procurement Plans.
- Contribute to the development of procurement policies and procedures based on the Member Countries’ needs, IsDB Group priorities and observed trends among similar MDBs.
- Participate in the planning process in managing priorities and effective utilization of resources to ensure quality of the project procurement function outputs and services.
Project Procurement Management
- Contribute and expand advisory function by contributing in the development, updating of project procurement related policies & procedures and their harmonization with other MDBs, keeping in mind the trends observed in the public procurement sector.
- Provide facilitation and implementation support by contributing in internal procurement review processes to ensure quality at entry and exit.
- Contribute, coordinate and monitor procurement related activities for regional hubs covered in the Region for the elaboration of concept notes, and for the preparation, appraisals and supervision of projects.
- Participate in the approval of award recommendations for the procurement of goods and works and for the selection of consultants, including for procurement documents, in line with the threshold limits.
- Provide support in preparation, appraisals and implementation of complex projects for specialist advice on procurement matters.
- Participate in the capacity development of key stakeholders in project procurement and delivery over the project cycle of the Bank.
- Contribute in the review of specific integrity cases and the complaint handling mechanism of the Bank.
- Provide input in the elaboration of training programs for staff of the country program complex, executing agencies and PMUs.
- Contribute in resolution of procurement issues form various stakeholders including those related to input in complaints handling as per the guidelines, in-order to deliver the bank’s required levels of service in all interactions with stakeholders.
- Prepare and deliver specialized workshops on project procurement policies and procedures of IsDB, both internally and externally.
- Disseminate lessons learnt and best practices on project procurement matters.
- Contribute and help coordinate the elaboration of Country Procurement Assessment Reports (CPAR), Country Portfolio Performance Review (CPPR) & Project Procurement Audit Reports.
- Prepare periodic briefs on procurement related issues for the Operations Complex in-order to ensure concerned parties are briefed regularly on project activities.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field
- Master degree in Engineering or business administration or related field
- English and Russian (mandatory as per job requirements)
- French/Arabic (preferred based on Regional Hub requirements)
Minimum number of years and nature of experience
- 8+ years of experience in related fields of project procurement associated with the project cycle of MDBs.
- Minimum exposure of 3 years with similar MDBs’ procurement.
- Minimum exposure of 2 years in relevant project management.
Job specific competencies
- Bank Knowledge
- Country Portfolio Assessment
- Project Risk Assessment and Evaluation
- Policies and Procedures
- Project management
- Motivation to learn and share
- International and multicultural collaboration
- Communication & partnership
IsDB Headquarters in Jeddah, KSA
20% or more depending on requirements