PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
In accordance with established policies and procedures, the position holder will be responsible for providing technical assistance to regional and district teams in the effective and efficient implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities, capitalization, documentation, program learning, and use of data for decision making. He/she will facilitate the collection and analysis of gender-sensitive data for the various program indicators and contribute to other data collection activities, studies, research, special evaluations and documentation. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be accountable at all times for the quality of program data in the regions of intervention.
As part of his/her mission to monitor program indicators, the position holder will be responsible for centralizing all data generated by the program and routine data in his/her regions of intervention and ensuring the security of the source.
In supporting learning activities, the position holder will plan with regional and district teams, organize field operations for all evaluation and documentation activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop regional plans for monitoring the implementation of program interventions.
- Prepare monthly and submit to the RB Coordinator a dashboard monitoring the status of implementation of regional plans.
- Provide technical assistance to regional and district management teams in the development of AWPs
Monitoring program implementation
- Ensure centralization of program-generated and routine data and ensure source security.
- Develop and submit a quarterly activity report for each region.
- Ensure the collection, verification and entry of data generated by the implementation of the program at the regional office level.
- Ensure the physical and electronic archiving of the original activity reports (attendance sheet)
- Support the organization of a quarterly regional supervision of the project interventions.
- Develop and share with the regions and partners the quarterly reports of each region covered by the program.
Survey and evaluation
- Plan with regional and district teams,
- Organize field operations for all evaluation and documentation activities
- Participate in the recruitment of additional staff for monitoring and evaluation activities
- Coordinate field evaluations, surveys and studies conducted as part of the program,
- Coordinate the organization of activities for the restitution and dissemination of the results of evaluations and surveys.
Data quality assurance
- Conduct a quarterly quality audit of the data generated by the implementation of the program on site and produce a report.
- Conduct a quarterly quality audit of service data related to indicators reported in the results framework.
- Submit a data quality audit report to the RB Coordinator on a quarterly basis.
- Provide technical assistance to regional and district teams in conducting data quality audits…
- Organize an annual regional workshop to review and share program data with program beneficiaries and partners
- The position holder is under the supervision of the Regional HSS Coordinator
- Regional HSS Coordinator
- Regional Project Advisors
- Financial Services
- Technical Services
- Medical regions
- Health districts
- Regional and departmental services of the ANCMU
- Local authorities
- Other USAID projects at the regional and district levels
- Other TFPs at the regional and district levels