Resonate Global Mission, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has a full time (40 hrs/wk) opening for a Regional Mission Leader. The position will be located in the Western US. The work of the Regional Leader will be to lead the Western USA Regional Mission Team to develop contextual strategies that catalyze the development of mission-shaped congregations, missional leaders, and holistic mission networks and connect global and local partners for mission in the region.
To apply, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by September 18, 2020.
1. Lead the Western USA Regional Mission Team to develop contextual strategies that catalyze the development of mission-shaped congregations, missional leaders, and holistic mission networks.
2. Build the Regional Mission Team as necessary, through the recruiting and naming of Local Mission Leaders who are influential missional leaders that will facilitate the growth of gospel ecosystems in their communities, focusing especially on creating a diverse team representative of the region’s demographics.
3. Cast vision, develop strategy, and set goals for mission-shaped ministry in the region in collaboration with local and global partners.
4. Network with local partners to catalyze the birth of new congregations and communities of faith, with particular attention to developing ministry in and with ethnic minority communities in the region.
5. Work with the Resonate Diversity Leaders to provide tools and resources for cross-cultural competencies to assist congregations in connecting with their diverse communities.
6. Initiate and create missional imagination with local partners in places not served by a Local Mission Leader in order to develop more holistic mission networks.
7. Serve as lead representative of Resonate in the region; serve as primary liaison/communication link between Resonate and our partners.
8. Work with Advancement leaders of Resonate to provide regional expression to the capacity building strategy of Resonate for resourcing mission in their region.
9. Work with the Mission and Innovation Team (MIT) to create regional and global communities and learning and collaboration around missional themes that directly affect the regional context.
10. Develop and oversee a regional budget for Resonate activities in the region.
11. Work synergistically with Resonate staff, connecting with the Regional Mission Leaders, the Mission Innovation Team and the Mission Support Team.
12. Be involved with a local ministry setting that provides context for missional engagement and learning.
13. Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Regional Mission Team (including Local Mission Leaders) and Administrative staff
1. Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Mature Christian leader with demonstrated mission experience and fruitfulness in global and/or local missions and ministry
3. Wholly committed to the mission of God through His church, with a heart for the lost and a passion to reach people with the Gospel and be part of the Kingdom movement of God
4. Spirit led person of prayer and discernment who can lead others in this discernment process
5. Awareness of and willingness to continue learning about the missional context in North America and around the world
6. Catalytic leader, with demonstrated ability in vision casting, leadership, team building, coaching, collaboration, and networker
7. Creative, adaptive and flexible, able to be a non-anxious presence amidst diversity and ambiguity
8. Personally motivated and a self-starter who can accomplish goals and produce results with little direct oversight/management
9. Works across systems and partnerships with ease, building trusting relationships with a variety of partners to build synergy, significant consensus and communal identity
10. Embraces diversity and demonstrates a commitment to racial reconciliation and to enfolding and empowering members of racial and ethnic communities within and outside the CRCNA. Displays a mature awareness and engagement of cross-cultural sensitivities
11. Able to use technology effectively and consistently in order to contribute to the health of a distributed staff network
12. Effective oral and written communication skills
13. Strong interpersonal and relational skills with a servant heart
14. Professing member in good standing in the CRCNA or willing to become one
15. Able and willing to travel as needed to meet duties
16. Will be working out of a home or local office
1. Bachelor’s degree required, with Master’s level coursework in missions, theology or related area preferred.
2. A minimum of five years ministry leadership experience with demonstrated fruitfulness.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.