Position Title: Regional Manager for Visayas
The USAID’s ReachHealth project, implemented by RTI International, is a five-year health activity (2018-2023) that aims to strengthen and improve access to critical health services for Filipino families, helping Philippine communities to reduce unmet need for family planning (FP) and decrease teen pregnancy and newborn morbidity and mortality. The USAID’s ReachHealth project supports Philippine counterparts — primarily the Department of Health (DOH), Commission on Population and Development (POPCOM), Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth), civil society, and the private sector — to identify and respond to local root causes of poor FP/MNH outcomes while maintaining a concerted focus on disadvantaged women, adolescents, and the most underserved, within the framework of the Responsible Parenthood and Reproductive Health (RPRH) and Universal Health Care (UHC) laws.
The Regional Manager (RM) is responsible for leading implementation of project activities at the regional level, providing both program management and technical expertise and incorporating innovations and technologies to improve access to quality Family Planning (FP)/ Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH) services. Working directly with the DOH Centers for Health Development (CHD) Regional Offices (DOH ROs), Population Commission (POPCOM) Regional Offices (ROs), PhilHealth regional counterparts, and the representatives of selected LGUs’ (provinces and cities) health offices.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, this position will manage program deliverables, including planning and coordination of regional activities, and ensure best practices and lessons learned are captured and disseminated across the project. The RM for Visayas is a member of the project’s Senior Management Team (SMT) and leads a team of 10-15 people located in Cebu and identified project sites in Visayas (Iloilo, Negros Occidental, Bohol, Cebu/Tri-Cities). The RM is stationed in the project office in Cebu.
Work Location: Cebu Project Office, Cebu City, Philippines
- Work with the DOH CHD RO, POPCOM RO, PhilHealth, and PHO/CHO, other health managers and regional to municipality stakeholders to assess needs, co-create strategies and build and monitor project implementation plans;
- Ensure gaps and areas for technical support for regional and provincial/city level counterparts are identified and addressed in a timely manner, accessing expertise from technical experts, consultants, and technical assistance providers, situated at the national or regional level, as appropriate;
- Lead in the implementation of agreed-upon workplans (annual, quarterly) in order to build the capacity of the DOH CHD RO, POPCOM RO, and other regional and LGU stakeholders to monitor their performance and institutionalize the capacity building, TA and other project inputs particularly in (a) generating demand for and utilization of FP/MNH services, (b) strengthening the FP/ MNH service delivery network, (c) addressing local policy and health systems barriers to accessing FP/ MNH services;
- Sustain current efforts in the delivery of priority public health services through the region while applying increased efforts in selected provinces/ cities following the priorities set forth in the project annual workplans, and UHC and RPRH laws;
- Oversee grants program implementation in the region, ensuring timely and quality program delivery and compliance with USAID rules and regulations, RTI policies and procedures;
- Manage technical support specialists for SBC & gender, local health systems strengthening, service delivery, data management officers, partnership coordinators and provincial or city technical officers (P/CTOs);
- Foster innovations and best practices, support implementation research, and apply adaptive management approaches.
Program management and implementation:
- Serve as primary resource in planning the provision of project inputs at the DOH CHD RO, POPCOM, PhilHealth, and LGU levels, including specific activities, deliverables, costs and schedules;
- Lead in the development and implementation of a variety of monitoring, evaluation and research activities, including routine program monitoring (quarterly, annually, etc.), maintenance of regional level databases and incorporating existing surveys and other data;
- Lead in monitoring progress using the approved Activity Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan (AMELP) for the purpose of internal planning, communication of project results to top stakeholders, donor reporting, etc.;
- Generate workplans and other types of data and plans necessary for detailed planning and monitoring of various activities in the priority provinces and cities;
- Directly supervise a regional team of technical advisers, provincial/city technical officers, and operational and support staff members;
- Oversee regional office operational functions related to finance, procurement, cost share reporting and others, including support to HR and IT processes;
- Identify, engage and, as needed, supervise consultants and local technical assistance providers, to ensure efficient implementation of project activities;
- Serve as point of contact and coordination with other USAID implementing partners (IPs) working with health sector counterparts in the region;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DCOP or the Chief of Party.
- Master’s degree and 12 years of experience or bachelor’s degree and 16 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- At least 3 years’ senior-level experience with USAID-funded health programming;
- Ability to develop strategic relationships and establish strategic directions;
- Ability to translate strategic priorities into operational tasks and timelines;
- Strong people and project management capabilities.
To apply, please email your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. Applications will be received until April 15, 2021
Only finalist candidates will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.