PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH maintains IT-enabled offices in approximately 40 locations worldwide. PATH’s Information Technology (IT) department oversees all technology-related services for the organization globally. It is comprised of three different groups: Software Development, Global Infrastructure & Support, and Product and Project Management. The department is responsible for all software application services, network infrastructure, computer support, IT vendor management, and program and project management for PATH’s IT initiatives.
PATH is seeking to recruit a Regional IT Support Officer (RISO), a position unique to PATH’s country and program offices outside of the United States. This position will provide users with first and second level technical support and problem resolution for hardware and software issues. The Regional IT Support Officer will work independently or/and under the guidance of more experienced PATH information technology (IT) personnel to act as technical liaison with local or network systems providers, analyze PATH user requests, perform system and PC moves/adds/changes, track and monitor local hardware and software inventory, install IT hardware and software, prepare reports, schedule and perform new hire orientations, perform basic application training, and act as a ‘remote hands’ resource for more various technical implementations. The position will fulfill these responsibilities at the employee’s home office (Zambia office), as well as at PATH offices in South Africa, Mozambique, and Malawi. Travel to these locations is expected to occupy about 10-15%, maximum of the position’s time.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Serves as a liaison between regional users and regional IT through regular communications, site visits and assessments.
- Coordinates with IT and local staff on the IT components of office openings, moves and closings, including vendor selection and oversight, equipment selection and coordination with on site management.
- Assists in the successful installation and operations of desktop operating systems, desktop software and IT accessories of the offices in their region.
- Troubleshoots diagnoses and resolves help desk requests for the region.
- Ensures that data backups in all field sites are successful and data is protected.
- Monitors PC inventories and staffing levels in the regions to ensure that PCs are up to date and adequate inventory levels exist to support new staffing.
- Coordinates IT support with local IT support and handle Tier 1 and other overflow support requests; report outages and escalate to network engineering team as necessary.
- Advise leadership on matters related to IT
- Participates in pilots, rollouts and vendor meetings of new and existing technologies in country and make recommendations.
- Conducts small group and one-on-one training sessions on a variety of IT-related topics to improve the technical capacity of PATH staff.