Div/Dept: Global Human Resources (GHR)
Reporting Relationship: Regional Director/Director, Global HR Shared Services
Responsible for providing leadership support, coaching/mentoring, and proactive consultation on global human resources strategies and programs for Americas Region, NO and SSU.
- Responsible for capacity building for SSU HR staff and NO Senior Management Teams on human resource programs and initiatives.
- Partners with regional and national office leadership on proactive solutions for organizational opportunities including leadership development/coaching , talent management, succession planning, strategic initiatives, and change leadership.
- Takes proactive approach on trends and systemic issues and solutions regarding employee relations issues, employment strategies, remuneration analysis, and retention consultation.
- Provides leadership and consultancy for people, processes, and change management in situations including organizational strategies, process improvement, group facilitation, work environment assessments, etc.
HR Administration and Compliance
- Provide consultation with SSU and NO HR staff regarding local HR management issues (e.g., labor law, compensation policies, recruitment strategies, performance management programs). Responsibility to stay abreast of changes in regional and labor laws and routinely monitor compliance to its requirements.
- Partner with the SSU/NO Assurance Officer and HR staff to strengthen HRM compliance and provide prevention and intervention support to National Offices to improve audit findings.
- Regional compensation management which includes collaboration with IO/GHR in conducting annual salary surveys; analyzing data; training SSU HR and NO leadership.
- Responsible for non-national staff contracting process including documentation, timely renewal, and updates. Monitor severance liabilities and work with the RFM to ensure accruals and disbursement according to the provisions
- Consultation and leadership on complex employee relations investigations, coaching managers on delivery; decision making on terminations.
- Communicates HR initiatives/programs and serve as liaison between region, SSU and IO GHR division. Serves as a member of GHR division leadership team and contributes to development of strategy and implementation plans. Fully participates as a member of the regional leadership team.
Shared Human Resource Support Oversight
- Ensures that Shared Support Unit meets Human Resource Level Agreement Standards.
- Ensure that the specific HR, coaching/mentoring and support needs to alternative presence NOs are agreed through the joined development of Terms of References (between NO and SSU) and ensures that support is adequately provided accordingly
- In close coordination with Country Representatives and SSU Board provides line management for the SSU Human Resource staff
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8 – 10 years of demonstrated human resource generalist experience in a multi-national/multi-cultural organization servicing multiple countries; combination of prior experience in for-profit and non-profit sectors. Prior experience in consulting, preferred
- Knowledge of domestic and international functional human resources areas (employee relations, organizational development, compensation, HRIS), with a focus on policy and procedure implementation, project management and/or facilitation of programs.
- Demonstrated experience in compensation management
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose human resource operational issues and determine and apply strategic solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation of workshops/training programs.
- Cross-cultural experience derived from working in culturally diverse environments; prior experience living and working in an international community preferred.
- Pro-active learning, keeping abreast of current and changing HR trends and practices.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to meet deadlines
- Strong critical thinking skills; sound reasoning based on standard human resources principles and practices.
- Ability to apply discretion and maintain confidential information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication, presentation and documentation skills.
- Ability to travel
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related discipline