We are a new kind of International NGO. We are an ensemble of faith-based non-profits and for-profits working in concert to end extreme poverty once and for all. Corus International is your newest partner in international development, yet we stand on nearly 150 years of combined experience tackling the global challenges of poverty, health care access and climate change. Lutheran World Relief is celebrating 75 years as a leading global aid and development organization, and IMA World Health is celebrating 60 years as a worldwide leader in public health.
Corus International has an immediate opportunity for a local national at Lutheran World Relief (LWR) to serve as the Regional Human Resources Manager for Latin America (RHRM-LAC). This is an opportunity for a dedicated, hardworking HR expert, to share her/his knowledge and skills while working with a collaborative group of people around the globe to bring lifesaving aid and long-term hope to the most fragile parts of the world and in the most challenging of circumstances. This position is open to the following locations: San Salvador, El Salvador; Bogota, Colombia; Lima, Peru; Managua, Nicaragua or Coban, Guatemala. This position is open to local nationals only.
- The RHRM-LAC will provide support and oversight to country offices in El Salvador, Colombia, Honduras, Peru, Nicaragua, and Guatemala.
- The RHRM is an essential member of the Latin America Regional Team and with support from HQ HR, will provide guidance and oversight to HR activities in the region and act as a knowledgeable trusted advisor to staff at every level.
- The successful candidate will have experience working in all functional areas of HR to include talent acquisition, diversity, compensation & benefits, performance management, employee relations & conducting investigations, duty of care, policy & labor law compliance, succession planning, record keeping and developing and delivering staff training.
- Deep commitment to the organization’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree or post graduate degree in business management, HR management or other relevant discipline preferred.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience with prior experience working in HR for a US based International NGO.
- Work experience in Latin America, and in at least two (2) other Corus International operating countries.
- Prior experience providing HR support in a multi-country position preferred.
- Willingness to travel throughout the region as needed (up to 40%) and to the United States. Corus/LWR is working remotely at this time and anticipates working remotely until at least summer 2021.
- Must be a local national and legally authorized to work in one of the approved work locations: San Salvador, El Salvador; Bogota, Colombia; Lima, Peru; Managua, Nicaragua or Coban, Guatemala without requiring visa or work authorization.
- Excellent written and verbal professional communication skills in English and Spanish is essential.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include skills in a HR database management and record keeping.
- Demonstrated ability in reviewing and assessing data.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in the enforcement of labor laws in at least one of the countries where we have
- Strong understanding of confidentiality as it relates to Human Resources and demonstrated ability to show good judgement; make pragmatic decision around complex issues and provide guidance during difficult situations.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to assimilate and process information for a wide audience; work with various groups of people in a multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Autonomous with the ability to identify challenges and take initiative, prioritize, organize, and carry out multiple tasks with little supervision; Solve problems in a creative and logical manner and show compassion in everyday interactions.
Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.