The Regional HR Generalist (HRG) is responsible for supporting our international operations in the MENA region (Middle East and North Africa) through the provision of policy advice/guidance and technical assistance on all aspects of human resources. The HR Generalist ensures consistent orientation and onboarding experience across the region, implements performance management practices, identifies regional talent for development programs and deploy training at CO level. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the Regional MENA HR Generalist seeks to develop integrated HR solutions for the region and support CARE’s regional leadership to ensure they maintain productive and sustainable employee relations. S/he will also act as first contact for all employment issues, do troubleshooting and work in partnership with other units in HR to provide timely response and proactive advice to clients. This also includes championing Gender Equity and Diversity (GED) initiatives and goals in our HR practices.
The MENA HR Generalist is a member of the MENA Regional Leadership Team and will develop and lead CARE’s regional HR network. The MENA Region HR Generalist formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HR Generalist maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition. S/he will report to Sr. Director HR Business Partnerships and Learning in Headquarters and have a dotted line report to the MENA Regional Director. The Regional HR Generalist may provide back up to other Global HR Generalists as needed.
- Employee Relations
- Performance & Talent Management
- Local HR capacity building
- Operational Management
- Employee Engagement
- University degree in Social Sciences or Business Administration (with emphasis on HR) or equivalent combination of relevant education and 7-10 years of work experience.
- 7-10 years relevant experience
- 3+ years of proven employee relations experience (including: conducting investigations and managing case files)
- Fluent Arabic speaker
- Strong English communication skills – verbal and written
- Prefer candidates with experience in the MENA region