Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Regional Director, Asia candidates for the Clean Cities, Blue Ocean (CCBO) activity. This position will be based in Manila, Philippines.
The CCBO activity is a five-year initiative of USAID which serves as USAID’s flagship program to target ocean plastics directly at their source in cities and towns. The project works to prevent ocean plastic pollution by building capacity and commitment for Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling (3Rs) and solid waste management (SWM) in urban and peri-urban settings, particularly in riverine and coastal areas. CCBO works with multiple USAID missions on country-specific implementation of national and local activities, and with USAID/Washington on global-level activities.
The Regional Director, Asia will be responsible for overall supervision and implementation of programs in the CCBO Asia region which currently include Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Sri Lanka and Maldives. Each country will have approximately four to six staff members headed by a Country Director. The Regional Director, based in Manila, will also serve as Country Director for the Philippines. The Regional Director will report to the CCBO Chief of Party at CCBO Headquarters located in Arlington, Virginia. The Regional Director will also work closely with the Technical Team members located in HQ, to support high quality coordination and mentoring of technical staff in CCBO countries.
* Provide guidance and coordination to CCBO Asia programs to maximize success and impact of the CCBO project.
* Act as the senior representative of CCBO to stakeholders including USAID, municipal leadership, grantees, sub-contractors and the private sector.
* Supervise CCBO Country Directors and Philippine Country Staff.
* Keep the Virginia-based COP and other HQ staff informed of implementation status, risks, and opportunities in the CCBO Asia countries.
* Ensure programs and related costs are in compliance with Tetra Tech policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulations, and Country of Implementation laws and regulations.
* Monitor status of grantee program implementation and as appropriate advice/assist grantees to overcome constraints and barriers to timely implementation.
* Ensure that monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) components of the program are managed consistent with the MEL plan/annual work plans. Ensure that indicators are captured and reported on time, in an accurate manner.
* Ensure that gender sensitive components and related aims/goals of the project are on track/consistent with work plans.
* Provide input and oversight of work plan production and associated budgets/forecasts.
* Review and approve procurement of goods and services consistent with Tetra Tech policies and procedures.
* Ensure that all financial transactions, accounting software use (Quickbooks), and financial reporting are completed consistently with Tetra Tech policies and procedures and that related reports are completed/submitted on time.
* Working with Country Directors and Finance Staff, ensure that monthly and cumulative costs are monitored and tracked and that material variances from work plans and forecasts are calculated, analyzed, and considered for improving accuracy of future months’ forecasted costs.
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, Master’s degree preferred;
* Minimum of 15 years’ experience in international development required;
* Significant experience on projects/activities funded by USAID required;
* Experience in one or more of the following technical disciplines preferred: waste management, recycling, municipal management, service delivery, hydrology/water resources, biodiversity, environmental infrastructure development, public policy and governance, community engagement, conservation finance, sustainable livelihoods, or other relevant technical areas;
* Familiarity with building capacity and commitment for Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling (3Rs) and solid waste management (SWM), community engagement/development, social behavior change, and/ or governance preferred;
* Project management and oversight experience including specific knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required;
* Experience in the supervision/mentoring of teams;
* Experience providing oversight of budgets/financial/administration and procurement, human resource management, and monitoring and evaluation;
* Private sector engagement/private sector experience;
* Significant experience in Asia/Southeast Asia required.
Deadline to apply: 5:00pm Eastern Standard time on May 27, 2020.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.