QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The purpose of the USAID Learning Activity (ULA) is to further strengthen USAID/Uganda performance and improve the performance of its implementing partners, with a focus on collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA), in order to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development. The ULA will achieve this through three objectives:
- Collaboration: Strengthened collaboration, both internally and with external stakeholders, enables USAID to better leverage expertise, learning and resources; and deepens local ownership.
- Learning: Systematic learning, through applied research, monitoring and evaluation, informs and improves the relevance, quality and cost- effectiveness of programs and operations
- Performing: Adaptive management of program implementation and meta-level interventions to improve the quality of USAID program outcomes.
The Regional Development Specialist is a Ugandan expert in governance, planning and political economy, in Uganda. They possess a wide range of personal and professional relationships and leverages those relationships to inform and advise USAID teams, USAID Implementing Partners, and other stakeholders, on issues of regional development. They work with local governments, civil society, academia, cultural and religious leaders and investors to improve regional governance and competitiveness. They serve as Activity Manager for a team within the Uganda Learning Activity, and also leads the facilitation of partner events, in collaboration with the USAID Development Advisor, Liaison Specialist and other staff.
- Develops and leverages existing relationships across the Ugandan development and private sectors in order to build partnerships and gain insight into USAID activities
- Work across program teams to inform decision making at all levels based on feedback from sources on ongoing projects and programs
- Engage, develop, and build partnerships throughout local organizations and key decision makers within the local community
- Work closely with the Program Advisor teams to develop directional leadership for ongoing and future activities
- Leads the facilitation of events for program partners and assists in other capacity building activities as required
- Work with USAID’s implementing partners to ensure the timely and accurate development of program goals and activities
- Work with the communications consultant engaged to support product development for all existing platforms
- Other tasks as assigned
- Master’s Degree and a minimum seven years of relevant work experience required
- Experience developing partnerships across USAID programs and local partners
- Experience developing partnerships across local communities and community leaders
- Experience developing collaborative cross-cutting teams in support of mission requirements
- Experience facilitating events and activities
- Clear communication skills in both written and oral forms; accuracy and fluency in written and spoken English, additional fluency in any of Uganda’s local languages preferred
- Ability to work independently and excellent time management; proactive, ability to take on new tasks with little direction
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.