PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
2007, PATH has collaborated with Ethiopia’s Federal Ministry of Health (MoH), Regional Health Bureaus (RHBs), community groups, and other partners to strengthen the country’s public health systems and address the most pressing health threats, including malaria, tuberculosis, and vaccine-preventable disease. We implement high-impact, evidence-based, sustainable programs to support those most at risk.
PATH is looking for a regional coordinator for the USAID-funded “Targeted and tailored support to increase COVID-19 vaccination” project in Ethiopia. The targeted and tailored support to increase the COVID-19 vaccination project will support the government of Ethiopia to fully vaccinate 70 percent of the total population against COVID-19.
The Regional Coordinator will be based in PATH country office and is responsible to coordinate targeted COVID- 19 vaccination in selected sites in implementation regions. The regional coordinator will report to the project director based in Addis Ababa. S/he will be working closely with the project leadership team based at PATH country office and supervise and provide overall guidance to regional technical advisors in each project region.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and support to the regional and zonal level team.
- With the guidance of the national leadership team, coordinate and facilitate capacity building on planning, implementing, and monitoring of project activities at regional levels.
- Provide technical inputs to design targeted intervention packages for COVID-19 vaccination.
- Closely support the national project team to design gender, religious, and culturally sensitive and inclusive SBCC strategy.
- Work closely with key EPI partners at national and subnational levels to improve COVID-19 vaccine uptake and coverage
- Ensure proper identification of project sites based on COVID-19 mass vaccination intervention categories including low-performing communities, IDP sites, refugee camps, and special target groups.
- Map national and subnational key stakeholders working in the project regions which will be supporting the project implementation.
- Coordinate the identification of local NGOs in project regions and facilitate partnership agreement.
- Coordinate and supervise regional technical advisors and conduct a field visit to support zonal mass vaccination technical and SBCC officers.
- Closely monitor and ensure the regional team to produce and regularly submit quality reports in each region.
- Coordinate and closely work with the national leadership team and regional staff to document best practices, design, and test intervention approaches, and validate models that fit targeted groups.
- Execute additional responsibility as assigned.